I gave him a small smile and reached up to kiss his cheek. “Nothing really. I just wanted to say that I love you and that I am thankful for having you in my life.”

He leaned down and stopped our dancing as he swooped in for a breath taking kiss. His hands lowered to my waist as he gripped them tighter and pulled me flush against his body. Hard muscular legs were pressed against my lower body, while his head created space between my face and his rock hard chest. Arms that encircled my waist spread their fingers across my lower backing causing heat to rush between us and ignite a passionate, furious fire ready to devour us whole. I lifted my arms and twisted in his hair, pulling closer. How much closer we could go, I was uncertain, but I knew I needed him closer to me. I wanted him to consume me, like the fire that burned a lighthouse inside me screaming for him.

“No need to burn the rest of our eyes!” a man chuckled to the left. Alex pulled away with a feral look in his eyes and glared with the man with deep distaste. I stepped away from Alex and looked at the man.

He was tall and buff, with broad muscular shoulders. He was slightly shorter than Alex, but had as much of a demanding presence that Alex had. Golden brown hair was neatly arranged in a messy flop-look and his blue-green eyes shone with mischief and love.

“Isaiah!” Alex shouted happily and left me to go and embrace the man named Isaiah. “I am so glad that you made it, old friend!”

Isaiah just chuckled and stepped away from Alex and looked at me, politely offering a smile. “I presume you are the lovely Olivia, of whom I have heard many flattering things over the years,” Isaiah said and held out his hand. Unwillingly I held mine out to him. Within a heartbeat, he took it in his warm hand and bowed while he placed a brief, fleeting kiss to my knuckles. “A pleasure to meet you,” he added as he let go of my hand.

Unknowingly, I took a step back and gave a weak, faltering smile. “The pleasure is all mine,” I lied and sniffed the air. The man grinned at me and turned his attention to Alex. Alex called him an old friend, yet he looked twenty-five at most. His scent, smelled musky and vampire like, but also something I have never smelled before.

“Isaiah, although you have already met my beautiful bride, she does not know who you are, Alex said with a smile to match Isaiah’s grin and pulled me closer to his side. “Love, this is Isaiah Michelson, an old friend of mine. He is one of the best allies to have and not only that, but he is a charmer with words. More than that, though, he loves pretty ladies!” Alex laughed and Isaiah chimed in.

However, a hint of unease still sat with me. “Alex,” I directed the thought to him. He inched his head in my direction, indicating that he was listening. “Why does he smell so…unusual?” I asked hesitantly, and hoping I didn’t make it sound offensive.  Instead of answering me, Alex started laughing, making Isaiah look at him questioningly. When he calmed down, Alex looked at Isaiah. “She asked why you don’t smell…normal,” he laughed.

Isaiah looked towards me and gave me a patient smile. “I am a hybrid.” 

I balked at that and blinked quite a few times, hoping that what sank in was not what he just said. A hybrid? “How?” I asked out stupidly.

He smiled and Alex wrapped his arm around me possessively. I smirked at his streak of sudden possessiveness and in turn leaned into his touch. “I was born a werewolf and grew up as one. Like many people know, werewolves generally age at a very slow pace once they hit mid-twenties and that was when my fate changed. I just turned twenty-seven,” he said in a deep voice and had suddenly captivated the dance room. Everyone went about trying to be normal, but they didn’t succeed. You could easily tell they were listening in.