“Also I would like to take Iris away for a few days,”

“What, no,” He almost snapped.

“I want to take her away so I can get to know her before I ask her to be my queen,” I explained. “Also I think it would be good for her to be away from you guys for a while, you lied to her about everything she should have some time to think,” I said.

“I suppose,” he agreed. “When do you want to go?”

“Tomorrow,” I said without thinking.

“Where,”

“To my family cottage,” I said also without thinking. I was hoping before I became King that I and my Queen (I hadn’t picked at the time) would live there for a couple of years, away from royalty and rules.  I was also hoping that we could raise our pups there. I sighed, a small smile played on my lips at the thought of starting a family with Iris. I shook my head; I was getting too far ahead.

“Okay,” John said.

Iris’s POV

I showered quickly and threw on some blue faded jeans and a plain red vest top. I shoved my feet into my battered black Taylors and putting my wet hair into a pony tail. I didn’t bother with makeup just grabbed my leather jacket and ran down the stairs. I didn’t care much about what I looked like; I didn’t see the point, either way I was considered a freak so why try?

“Ready,” I jumped down the last step giving Robert a grin.

“Iris your hair is sopping wet,” my mother frowned.

“So,” I smiled at Robert who laughed. “It will dry,”

“Come on fire ball,” Robert took my hand to drag me out of the house.

“Where is Eliza?” I asked as he walked us to his car, his hand was still wrapped around mine.

“She went back to the castle to explain my why I have gone,” He explained opening the door for me.

“Why didn’t you go back yourself?” I questioned as he got in the other side.

“Because I wanted to spend some time with you,” he gave me a small smile.

“Oh okay,” I smiled. “Where are we going?” I frowned as I saw the tree blur past in jade green smudges.

“Into town,” Robert grinned.

“Okay,” and with that the car went into a comfortable silence. “Err... Robert?” I asked at 10 minutes.

“Call me Robbie,” I nodded.

“Why do you want to spend time with me?” this question had been playing on my mind. Why was he taking an interest in spending time with me? Had he really got a crush on me?

“Because... err... Can’t I just want to spend time with you?” He asked pulling into a car park.

“No,” I smiled. “I hadn’t even told you where I lived so...” I trailed off.

“That one I can answer,” he flashed me a grin. “I am the crown Prince I know where everyone lives,”

“Ha ha very funny,” I opened the car door and got out.

The sun had reached its peak and a small wind blew hot gasp at us as I took in the little town that I grew up in. My stomach growled loudly making flash red and Robbie to chuckle under his breath.

“Come on,” he intertwined our hands, making heart do summersaults. “Let get something to eat,” he pulled me over to a little retro café called Cherry bomb.