"I don't understand why you don't just use normal government funds whenever you want like the rest of us," Ivan frowned.

"Well, we tried that, but the boss decided pretty early on that that was a bad idea," Alfred explained, "It's not like I can complain. It's usually enough, I just have to wait a month or two for things sometimes. No biggie."

"You'd think after two centuries, you'd be able to handle your own money," Ivan stated.

"Peter still gets an allowance," Alfred pointed out.

"Sealand looks like he's twelve," Ivan retaliated.

"According to my ID, I'm only nineteen," Alfred added.

"Seriously?" Ivan raised an eyebrow. Alfred paused his game and stood up behind the couch. He rummaged through his pocket before pulling out a driver's license. He leaned over the back of the couch and offered it to the Russian.

"So it does," Ivan considered, handing it back, "That must be unfortunate. You can't drink here when you're under twenty-one, correct?"

"Legally, no," Alfred said, "But it's not that big of a deal. I usually only drink when I'm over in Europe, anyways. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have that much trouble getting it here, too, but I'm not particularly interested."

"For some reason, I have trouble see you breaking any laws," Ivan said, "You're unreasonably violent and your superiority complex is through the roof, of course, but you are too much like the generic comic hero in my mind."

"I set of fireworks illegally every single year on my birthday," Alfred admitted, "Nobody really cares, though. I'm careful to get permission to use the abandoned parking lot across from the park."

"Alfred, if that's the worse thing you've ever done, then I don't really think you could be marked as a delinquent," Ivan rolled his eyes.

"I've done plenty of other things!" Alfred insisted.

"I'm sure," Ivan replied. The buzz of the paused game began to ring in their ears and Alfred scrunched his nose at the sound.

"Want to watch a movie?" Alfred wondered.

"What did you have in mind?" Ivan asked.

"We've got the Frozen movie. I haven't seen it yet," Alfred suggested, hopping off the couch to rummage through his DVD collection. He held up the case.

"Sure. It takes place in one of the Nordic nations, doesn't it?" Ivan recalled.

"Norway, I think." Alfred placed it into the player, turning off the game system and tossing the case aside, "Makes you wonder if he's seen it."

"I'm sure Denmark made them all watch it."

"Yeah." About ten minutes into the movie, Alfred fell asleep, his head resting on Ivan's shoulder. Somewhere from the rest of the house, the sound of the door opening and closing sounded.

"Mom? Dad?"

"In here."

Andrew came into the room, looking at the screen still playing and then back to the two nations on the couch.

"Come on then," Ivan patted his lap, which Andrew climbed onto and watched the animated picture with interest.

"Did you guys fight while I was gone?" Andrew asked.

"Of course. Did you expect any different?"

"No. What'd you fight about?"

"Adult stuff."

"You know that doesn't work on me, right? Did you knock Mom out? Is that why he's asleep?"

"No! He fell asleep on his own accord."

"Did you poison him?"

"Andrei."

"Yes?"

"Your mother is only asleep. Watch the movie."

"But-"

"Shh."

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

The credits scrolled across the screen. Trapped beneath two sleeping bodies, Ivan attempted to wake them both up with no success. If anything, Alfred had clung tighter to him. Shoving his way out of Alfred's grip, he took Andrew to bed first, tucking him in. He returned to Alfred curled up in a ball on the couch, back illuminated by the title screen. Ivan turned the television off and then went over and picked him up. Alfred subconsciously moved to wrap his arms around Ivan's neck and bury his face in his shoulder. There was no sound in the house besides the swirling of a storm outside and Alfred's even breathing.

One of the stairs creaked as he went up them. They passed by Andrew's bedroom, where the door was just a crack open. He managed to open Alfred's door without dropping him.

The American's room, though it was shrouded in darkness at the time, reflected him so perfectly. Most of the posters on the wall were superheroes. A Captain America figurine sat on his desk and a blanket patterned as an American flag was folded neatly at the end of his bed. Another flag was sticking out from the corner of the room. Clothes and papers were scattered about, some sketches of random machines and contraptions even taped to the wall above his headboard and his desk. The dresser was half open.

The bed, surprisingly enough, was made and Ivan set him down in it after pulling back the covers. A stuffed rabbit sat beside his pillow and it wasn't until Ivan literally peeled Alfred off of him and then shove the bunny into his grip did he let go.

The blankets were pulled up to his chin and Ivan turned to leave, pausing at the door.

"Good night. Sleep tight," he offered. He could have sworn he heard Alfred respond.

"Don't let the bedbugs bite."