Chapter 13

Today was the big day. He was going to be a father and she was going to be a mother, and together they were going to be a family. He wasn't sure if he was going to be a dad today, but he knew it was going to be soon. Torrey's water broke while he was running an errand that luckily wasn't far away from where they lived. When he got the phone call he dropped everything he got, and sped out the store. When he arrived he expected a worrisome Torrey, but she was actually quite calm. He however, felt like he was going insane. He had everything that they needed for the hospital already packed in a bag by the door so he rushed to grab those and take them to the car. Pulling out the driveway, he started giving Torrey words of encouragement,

"We're almost there, Torrey just keep breathing." He looked to the passenger side and saw nothing. "Damn!" He made a U-turn realizing that he forgot the most important thing; Torrey.

When he pulled up to the house, she was standing outside shaking her head at him. He apologized and blamed it on his nervousness. Paul carried her to the car and made his way to the hospital... again.

After getting situated in a room, Torrey's contractions were getting closer and closer and Paul felt bad that she was in so much pain. He regretted the decision of giving her his hand to squeeze whenever the pain got bad, because he knew that it was going to be broken by the time the baby comes.

"Paul...” Torrey struggled, "did you call the family?"

"Yes, I called them. They should be on their way right now."

"Okay" she breathed.

Hours later, she was finally ten centimeters apart and was ready to push. Torrey never felt anything more painful and she realized that if she could give birth; she could do anything.

"Give me one big push, Torrey" the doctor said.

With a deep breath she pushed as hard as she could and when the doctor announced that she saw a head, tears filled their eyes.

"One more push, Torrey you can do it!" The doctor encourages.

Squeezing Paul's hand tightly, she pushed crying out in pain and small cries filled the room. Paul kissed Torrey as the nurse held up their baby girl for them to see before taking her over to the other side to clean her up.

After a few minutes, the nurse placed the baby in Torrey's arms, and she kissed her baby's small forehead and rubbed her soft cheek. After a while she handed the baby to Paul and he kissed his daughter holding her close in his arms. He decided to walk out to the waiting room so their family could see the baby.

"It's a girl!" Paul announced and all of their family and closest friends walked up to him to admire the little Wasilewski.

"She's beautiful Paul!"

He smiled proudly and soon returned back to their room when she started to cry because she was hungry. He headed the baby to Torrey and watched her breast feed their little girl.

"Have you thought of any names?" Torrey asked looking at their child.

"Amelia, Amelia Hope Wasilewski."

Torrey smiled at him, "I love it."

When the Amelia was full, she pulled away and stared up at her parents. Paul joined Torrey on the bed lying down beside her.

"Hi Amelia, its daddy, you remember my voice?"

Amelia made cooing sounds and Paul laughed taking that as a signal that she remembered. Torrey handed her over to Paul after kissing her again and she took a picture of Paul holding their child. Later she tweeted it out with the caption "It's a girl" and posted it on Instagram too.

Two days later

Torrey and the baby were allowed to go home from the hospital and when they got home they were welcomed with family and friends. Everyone one-by-one took turns holding Amelia passing her around like she was the turkey on Thanksgiving. After hours of conversation and baby passing, everyone left except for Paul's mother so she could help with the baby at night for the next week. Torrey's mom would've loved to stay and helped as well but she had to get back to Los Angeles for an important meeting and she already missed the first day of it. Paul's mother let the couple be as she went upstairs to unpack her bags and get situated.

"How does it feel to be a daddy?" Torrey asked siting down next to Paul.

"It's the best feeling in the world." He spoke looking down at his bundle of joy.

He kissed Torrey then kissed their baby realizing what happiness truly felt like.