Chapter 8

Just as expected, the first thing that Torrey saw when she logged on to Twitter were the pictures of her an Paul's outgoing. She had a few miss calls on her phone mostly from her sister, but some were from her friends and even her mom called. She didn't feel like responding to any of them, but she knew that she had to because they wouldn't let her be until she did.

Scrolling through all the missed calls, she spotted one from Paul. She stared at it for a second before clicking on the contact to hear his message. She felt a little bad in only listening to his, but she could already predict what the others were going to say. She pulled the phone up to her ear and his voice filled her ear.

"Hey Torrey, I guess you're already asleep, but I wanted to thank you for tonight– or…last night I guess. It's been a while since I smiled and I want to thank you for bringing me around. Anyway have a good night."

She couldn't hold back the smile that was on her face as she listened to the message. She wanted to call him back, but she didn't know what to say. Rolling out of bed she stripped and walked towards the shower.

Paul had a kick in his step and everyone noticed. They assumed that he would be gloomy and depressed like he was when he and Torrey split, but he was back to his normal self and they all knew why.

You had to be living under a rock if you didn't see the pictures of Paul and Torrey and everyone was happy for them, they liked Torrey and hanging out with her after the divorce would be weird so they decided to stay neutral, but unknowingly they just avoided her altogether.

"What’s up?"

"Hey Ian"

"So what's up with you and Torrey?"

Paul should've known that he’d be asked this question and yet he didn't prepare an answer for it.

"Nothing" he shrugged.

"Paul, come on."

"Fine," he gave in, "I want a second chance. I want us to get back together and this time make it last. I didn't appreciate her like I should've and I want to show her what she means to me."

"I'm rooting for ya. You and Torrey are perfect for each other and I'm glad that you came to your senses."

"Was Phoebe that bad?"

Ian chuckled before walking off to his dressing room.