Chapter 1

They have planned for this day to come but that was months ago when they were still married. Army Wives had been canceled and it was said that if/when it was canceled that her character, Meredith, would return to The Vampire Diaries and maybe become a regular on the series. It was yesterday at three PM when she received the call from Julie Plec informing her that her character would make an appearance in episode five so she should hop on the next flight to Atlanta as soon as possible. She has heard the rumors flying around about Paul and Phoebe but decided to not pay attention to that, she knew that things would be awkward and people would look at her differently and that was something that she was not prepared nor excited for. Her flight left at six so she took a shower and changed into something comfortable for her four hour trip from Los Angeles to Atlanta. She wasn't sure on how long she would be there so she packed enough for a few weeks making sure to pack a few sweaters and coats, because it can get freezing there during October. Looking around the house one more time making sure that she got everything she needed she left the house and took a taxi to LAX. When she arrived to the airport she ran into a few fans and took pictures but refused to take off her sunglasses, she was exhausted and knew she didn't look a bit decent. An announcement was made telling the people in the airport that the flight to Atlanta was leaving soon so she signed a few more pictures and walked in the direction of her plane. The plane took off and reality set in, she did not know if she would be able to handle this but she is an actress it is her job to act; she has been told that she is good at what she does so she would apply it to real life. Taking in a deep breath she watched the black ground turn into blue skies and white clouds.

There was a soft tap on her shoulder and she lifted her eyelids.

"The plane has landed sweetie."

"Oh, thank you ma'am."

She shifted in her seat and sat straight up to look out the window and she was indeed not in the air anymore. She let a few people pass her when she was leaving the plane not really wanting to leave but she was unemployed and she needed the money. She swore that she was going to get dizzy waiting for her bag to appear on the conveyor belt, no matter how many times she has been in this place it never sat well with her. Exiting the taxi cab she was faced with the hotel she was going to be staying in, she almost told the driver to take her to what used to be Paul and hers apartment but luckily caught herself in time.

Opening the door to the suite she walked to the window to get a look at the view, The Ritz-Carlton always provided her with the most beautiful views and she had to snap a picture of the morning sky with her phone. After a deep breath of fresh air she walked in the room to unpack. She stuffed her clothes in the drawers and sat up everything she needed in its appropriate place. Her call time was at one thirty so she slid in a nap before she set out.

Stepping onto set felt strange, usually when she would come here it was to visit Paul and maybe even shoot a scene or two so everything felt backwards. She found her trailer luckily avoiding the stares of the crew and got settled pulling out her script for a refresher before going in front of the camera. Her first scene was with Ian, they shared a hug and she put on the best smile that she could.

"How's it going?"

"It's going good, I was surprised when I got the call, I'm wondering where they're going to take Meredith."

"Hey, if you stick around Damon too long you might be a vampire."

"I'll keep that in mind." They laughed.

Feeling good about her scene she made way to the crafts table hoping to get a quick bite before lunch. When she was about to walk in the trailer she halted and saw the person that she was hoping to avoid all day, Paul, but he was not alone. He was currently talking up Phoebe Tonkin and Torrey wondered why she was even there, trying to avoid an awkward situation she quickly turned around and hurried to her trailer. Tears started spewing down her face and she couldn't control them, seeing Paul was harder than she would have thought and she did not know how she would be able to make it through the week knowing that this would not be the first time she would have to see him. Pulling herself together she stepped out the trailer for lunch, she was starved so she filled her plate up with everything that smelt good. Sitting at an empty table, not in the mood to socialize with the cast, she pulled out her phone to check the messages that she missed. She had a message from her sister, Maryelle, she put the phone up to her ear finally taking a bite of the side of french fries on her plate.