Chapter 6

The next day she was looking through her mentions on Twitter and saw something that made her double take:
@paulwesley and @TorreyJDevitto BACK TOGETHER!

She almost spit out her coffee all over the white sheets.

"What?!" She screamed to her phone.

Clicking on the image attached she eyes almost flew out of their sockets. It showed her and Paul bending down to pick up the bracelet that she bought for her mother. Clicking on more pictures it showed them having a conversation and walking into the restaurant. They were smiling in most of them which made things seem worse than they really were.

Further into her investigation, she noticed that there were approximately five (short) articles with the pictures attached about their outing.

She was going to call Paul, but she decided against it because one) she didn't want to risk Phoebe answering and she could've possibly saw the pictures and she didn't want to add fuel to the fire and two) she figured that some space will do them good.

She jumped when her phone rang and she saw that her sister was calling.

"Hello?" Torrey answered.

"Is there something that you need to tell me sis?"

"I take it that you saw the photos?"

"Yep" Maryelle popped the 'p'. "So...is it true?"

"M, you should know that it's not true. We're not back together, not in a romantic way anyways."

"So this is you two being friendly. Staring into each other's eyes with the look of love. Smiling and talking and to top it all off going out to eat." Her voice held some judgment.

"It wasn't like it seemed. I saw a bracelet in the window that I knew that mom would love so I bought it and the when I was walking out I bumped into Paul."

Maryelle 'awed' and Torrey couldn't hold in her chuckle.

"Anyway, we chatted for a few and he asked me to dinner. That's it. There wasn't a kiss or anything. We're just friends and I have to admit that I'm okay with that." Torrey glanced at the clock on the nightstand, "Shoot, I have to go."

"Alright, love you."

"Love you too adios!" Torrey hung up and got ready for brides maid dress shopping.

After throwing on jeans and a T-shirt, she grabbed her purse and headed out. She took a taxi to the bridal shop and was one of the first ones there along with Kat.

Together, they started looking through the racks of dresses showing each other their picks. Luckily, they agreed on a few choices and showed Nina and Kayla when they arrived. After getting Candice's approval in the colors, they tried on the dresses. They were all around the same size so it made everything much easier. Once they were finished picking out their dresses Candice, Nina, and Kat were due back on set.

"Do you guys want to come on set with us?" Candice offered.

"Sure" Kayla gladly accepted.

"Umm..."

"Come on Torrey, I need someone to talk to while they're filming." Kayla smiled.

"Okay I'll go."

Torrey didn't want to say no and seem like a bad person but after everything that happened this morning she wasn't sure if going was a good idea. She made a plan to avoid Paul as much as she could. She knew that he doesn't check Twitter that often so she figured that she was safe for the day.

Strolling on set they all got settled in Candice's dressing room. Nina and Candice were needed on set so it was just the three of them.

"So Kat, when are you having your wedding?"

"I don't know but soon. We haven't officially picked out a date but it may be in June."

Torrey smiled. She was about to comment but a PA came and took Kat.

"And then there were two." Kayla laughed, "Hey what do you say we walk around a little bit?"

"Yeah sure"

They left their belongings in the dressing room and started their journey around set. They stopped at the foods trailer for a little snack before they went anywhere else.

The day was going great, they managed to avoid Paul, they had long conversations with the crew talking about memories they had on set and even managed to speak with Julie for a few minutes.

Kayla received a text from Candice letting them know that they were done for the day. They both looked at the time and they realized how late it was. I guess it's true what they say: Time flies when you're having fun. They laughed shaking their heads in disbelief.

"You go on," Torrey spoke as her laughter subsided, "I have to use the bathroom, but I'll meet you guys at the room."

Kayla nodded and started walking towards Candice's dressing room while Torrey headed in the other direction towards the bathrooms.

After one more check in the mirror, Torrey was about to exist but heard Paul's voice from behind the door. She decided to wait a few moments hoping that by the time she opens the door he would already be turning the corner.

Counting to 30, she peaked out the door and saw no one. She did a little dance in her head then fully walked out: still no one. Turning the corner she saw the girls standing outside of Candice's dressing room and they waved her over. A smile grew on her face but it slowly dropped as someone invaded her vision.

"So I hear that we're back together. When were you going to tell me? I would've bought you flowers." Paul joked with a wink.

Torrey chuckled, "I take it that you saw the article huh? I swear those paparazzi are the sneakiest of things."

They laughed then a weird silence was exchanged between the two.

"So" Torrey rocked on her heels, "I hear that you're going to be part of the wedding yourself."

"Yeah, Joe is a good friend of mine."

"Well I should get to the girls," Paul turned around and noticed the crowd standing by the door. "I would say thanks for the flowers but..." She shrugged.

With a smirk she walked pass him and joined the group of girls. She saw the questioning looks in their eyes as she approached

"What was that about?"

"Didn't you hear? We're back together." Torrey said walking out the door.