15화 - Finale

The next day, Koeun got up extra early to make breakfast for Hina, Herin, and Lami who were going to be guesting on Mickey Mouse Club that afternoon.

Hina: "Unnie, what time did you get home last night? I was up waiting until 2am but you never came back so I ended up falling asleep" she yawned as she crawled out of her bedroom and into the kitchen to chat with Koeun.

Koeun: "Go get ready. You girls have a long day ahead of you today" she started to set the table. "I made your favorite" she told Hina who finally shot up from the ground after smelling her favorite food, haemul pajeon (korean pancakes).

Herin: "Eoh, unnie you didn't have to..." she told Koeun as she came out of her bedroom.
Koeun: "Since today's my day off, I decided I'll cook for you guys" she smiled at her.
Lami: "Unnie, I'll be sure to use everything we've learned together and make sure we create a name for us as trainees" she assured Koeun.
Herin: "Me too, unnie" she chimed in.
Hina: "Ah jinjja, Koeun-unnie!! Why do you have to make them say such cringe-worthy things?" she shivered from hearing all of the cheesy words from the other two.

As they grabbed their breakfast and headed out, they all waved goodbye to Koeun who still stood in her pajamas. Seeing her younger friends one more step closer towards reaching their dreams together, it made Koeun happy... yet somewhat sad that she wasn't going to be a part of it. But it was her choice. With Jeesu and Winny who just left, Koeun didn't know how she wanted to juggle the feelings.

** (( Mickey Mouse Club Broadcast Station )) **

Staff: "Guys, since recording for the actual show isn't until 2pm- let's rehearse first. Are any of you nervous?" she asked the rookies who attended the show.
All: "No" (in unison) | Herin: "Ne" she answered.
Staff: "That's okay, take your time. Just be yourself" she advised Herin who was having a hard time thinking straight.

After instructing the rookies to start rehearsing by themselves, the staff member asked who was the oldest from them all.

Hina: "Koeun-unnie" | Donghyuk: "Mark-hyung" they both responded at the same time. Hearing Koeun's name while she herself wasn't present made the girls feel sad.

Hina: "Mark-oppa, I meant to say..." she finally corrected herself.
Staff: "Alright Mark, the pressure is on you alright? You're the oldest so the production is giving you the opportunity to lead the group" she told him.
Mark: "Ne, I understand" he accepted the staff's instructions.

Jaemin: "So... I mean... I know how you're going to lead us because that's how it's always been but-- what about them?" he asked Mark, pointing to the girls who were practicing by themselves.
Mark: "I guess I'll just have to balance it out" he responded.

Staff: "Alright, let's start with rehearsals! We'll start from youngest to oldest then" she read out her papers. "Lami?" she started off with.
Lami: "Right here" she raised her hand without realizing she was the first to go. "Oh, me??" her eyes widened up as everyone stared at her.

The rookies wished her luck as she made way to the stage. Watching from afar, Hina looked upon Lami and realized how much Lami was shining just standing on the stage.

Jaemin: "So... why do you really think Koeun-noona gave up her spot?" he asked Hina who was still looking at Lami's rehearsals.
Hina: "I don't know. Maybe she felt pressured..." she responded without looking at him. "I was pretty shocked when she offered. Usually she would discuss things with me first..."
Jaemin: "Are you upset because she didn't discuss this with you first?"
Hina: "No, why would I be? I feel sorry for unnie. She sacrifices so much for the rest of us yet she's the one who doesn't get anything in return afterwards" she told him. "She's entering her first year of high school this year and that's already pressure on her behalf... I wish I could just take away some of her burden for her sometimes, you know?" she lowered her eyes as she talked about Koeun.
Jaemin: "I didn't know you had this side of you" he told her.
Hina: "Side?" she was confused.
Jaemin: "This soft side of you. It makes you look and seem less cold as you look" he complimented her with his big smile.
Hina: "Should I slap you for saying such cheesy things to me then?" she offered while giving him the side-eyes.
Jaemin: "Nope, no, no, no..." he chuckled. "I'm done asking" he raised both his hands and slowly backed away.