8화

During the car ride back to Seoul, everyone was quiet. The atmosphere that was once lively and filled with happiness seemed to have receded. Koeun sat in the front but kept her head facing the window to her left, not wanting to face to her right side as Mark also sat there with his head facing outside of his window to his right.

Behind them, Jaemin sat behind Mark's seat while Hina sat behind Koeun's seat. In between, Jisung sat there extremely nervous about the silence and chilling atmosphere.

Jisung: "So..." he tried to begin a conversation to release the awkwardness in the car ride back to Seoul. "Why don't we play a game to kill time?" he proposed with a huge smile. "Mark-hyung, what do you insist?" he tried to get Mark to talk.
Jaemin: "Yah, yah, yah" he responded annoyingly to Jisung, "Why don't you play by yourself? Eoh?" he insisted.
Hina: "Yeah, Jisung-ah... Play by yourself. Don't play with me because I can't seem to help but use my fist in just about everything I do so you might end up getting hurt" she spoke sarcastically.
Jaemin: "You DO use your fist in just about everything though"
Hina: "Yah, Na Jaemin! Who was talking to you?!" she turned to yell at him.
Jisung: "Alright, alright..." he tried to break them up. "Let's not play anything then" he spoke with his soft voice.

Mark suddenly remembered about his necklace that he had taken off and given to Jaemin to hold earlier during a camp game.

Mark: "Ah yeah Jaemin-ah, hand me my necklace" he reached his hand out to his left so that Jaemin could give him back his accessory. As Jaemin reached in his bag for the necklace, he realized it wasn't there anymore. He started to shuffle the bag around in panic. "Did I give it back to you yet?" he finally asked.
Mark: "What are you talking about? The last time I held onto it was when I gave it to you to hold" he turned to face Jaemin who was still searching his bag.

Digging through his front pockets and even checking the floor in case, Mark's necklace was nowhere to be found.

Mark: "Well, we've gotta go back to look for it" he finally said as Jaemin failed to find his necklace. "Manager-hyung, we have to go back to the camp".
Manager: "What are you talking about? We're already half-way back to Seoul" he said.
Mark: "But it's really important to me!" he expressed in a serious manner.
Manager: "Ah jinjja... you realize that you guys need to get back to Seoul to continue practicing, right? There are only two days left until the SMTOWN concert"
Mark: "I know that... but that necklace has sentimental value. I can't do anything without it"
Manager: "Fine, we'll go back after we drop off the rest of these guys off" he finally gave in to Mark.

Arriving in front of SM Entertainment, everyone but Mark hopped off the car and unloaded their belongings. Jaemin insisted to go back with Mark to look for the necklace so he, too, stayed inside the car. As the vehicle drove away from the building, Koeun couldn't help but turn around to watch the car drive away. She felt worried for Mark who has never shown such emotions over anything before.

It was starting to get dark and most of the girls were already back from practice and into bed since the big day was only a day away. Koeun laid awake in her bed and tried to fall asleep but her mind kept wandering off about Mark. As she was about to close her eyes, she heard their company car pull up. She sprung up from her bed and bolted for the window. As she looked out of window, she saw Mark and Jaemin hop out of the vehicle. She could tell Mark couldn't find it because the look on his face has never been this down before. Koeun's heart broke a little as she thought about how important his necklace must've meant to him to have reacted that way.

Jaemin patted Mark on his shoulder as they walked over to their dormitory. Koeun's heart sank even more just seeing how sad Mark looked. Mark's necklace was a good luck charm and gift from his grandfather who resides in Canada with the rest of his family.