Chapter 40

**Don't forget to vote please!**

"Why is this happening to me?" I moaned and closed my eyes, crumpling the paper into a ball and throwing it across the room.

Sensing heat beside me, I grunted, "Derrick."

"Yes, my little warrior?" Derrick had his annoying and playful half grin on his face again.

"What got you into such a good mood?" I asked, annoyed.

"What got you into such a bad mood?" Derrick said, his eyes mocking me.

"Alright, alright, fine... But you'd better tell me why you're so happy too." I said, and continued on. "Something mysterious dropped by my room and gave me that stupid piece of paper I threw across the room."

"Glad that's not me." Derrick said as he got up from where he was sitting beside me and retrieved the piece of paper.

He opened it up and began to read, his grin slowly fading into a frown.

"This seems really sketchy," Derrick remarked. "Are you sure it's legit?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed. "Take a look at that paper and that particular shade of purple. I know who sent me this, and clearly that person is working with the Source of Power, otherwise known as Evil." I said simply.

"And... who might that be?" Derrick pushed on.

I sighed. "The Twilights' newest enemy, the leader of the Shadows. I'm pretty sure he's called Lord Seth, and all his subjects are terrified of him. He used to be a Twilight, which is pretty intriguing."

"I don't take into intriguing things." Derrick replied.

"I noticed that." I snidely comment. "You don't take into anything."

"Somewhere in this world, a silent tear has been cried." Derrick said dramatically, pretending to faint right there, right now onto my bed. I rolled my eyes.

"You poor, poor thing," I said, playing along. "You must be so heartbroken... I'll help you fix that." I smirked and clenched my hand into a fist, ready to punch.

Derrick's eyes widened, and he sprung back up into his sitting position.

"Toldja that'd work." I grinned, then frowned a little. "Why are you here in the first place?"

"I heard a little warrior's cry of distress, and so I came." Derrick smiled, enlightening his boyish features. "But, I also came because the Headmaster requested your presence. Boy, are you in trouble!" Derrick rubbed his hands together.

"Don't even think about it," I moaned, pretending to be nervous. "I'm going to be in serious trouble now!"

"Ooooo..." Derrick's amber eyes glinted. "I love trouble..." He smiled mischievously, then grasped my hand into his. The same "death pressure" feeling came to me, and in a flash, we were in the Headmaster's fireplace again.

"Ah, Ms. Johnson." Headmaster Dyson got up from his chair and walked over to us. "And Mr. Hothead." Headmaster Dyson smiled kindly.

Derrick frowned. "I'd prefer Mr. Flamethrower, actually."

"Mr. Flamethrower," I said. "Would you kindly please just exit this room and go do something else? The Headmaster and I have a few things to talk about..."

"Of course, my fair warrior, I shall be gone!" Derrick declared.

In a shower of gold, red, and orange, Derrick was completely encased in fire, and he disappeared, leaving the Headmaster and I to ourselves.