Chapter XXXX ♕ Epilogue

Last time I had been here, it was on a day that ended badly. I hoped that truly everything would be perfect today. I wanted nothing more than utter perfection, because she was worth it. Every single golden rose, every single diamond heart, every single crystal kiss. The sun reflected off each decoration, the light filling the room.

My heart was far from heavy, my happiness overtaking me. From my position I could see so many people and I could point at them and name something they've done to change me. My parents sat in the front row with proud faces, Mother Queen tearing up already and the event hasn't even started yet. Next to them sat the twins, permanent smug looks plastered on their faces which now looked a bit cynical. When they were children, it seemed devilish, but now at eighteen years old these two men looked to be planning a murder. It frightened me how quickly they outgrew me, and Bartholomew even had a woman on his arm. No surprise there though, he constantly snuck them in and out of his room. After the first time it happened, Cornelius demanded he move out to his own room. It was for the best. That is, until, Cornelius was discovered snogging their friend Andrew. I had no words to describe the amount of times they had given our parents reason to disown them. After coming out as gay, I was fairly on their good side.

I once told my father I was pregnant. I got an entire lecture from him for a good solid half-hour, my acting skills coming in hand as I cried. In the middle of his sentence he promptly stopped, looked at me, realized how idiotic it all was, and left.

What looked even stranger about the twins were the matching crows that laid on top of their heads, as if to intimidate anyone around. Their coronation had been one of the hardest things we had ever gone through, especially the planning. Cornelius refused to be Crowned Prince if Bartholomew was not, him being the third heir meant him not being crowned. Eventually they came to the decision to just crown them both, before they bomb the palace.

Duke Piers and Princess Alice were both seated with large, excited smiles. Their children and extended family mirrored the same emotions.

Matilda had gotten pregnant. No surprise there. Lewis actually found a wife who whacked him into shape. He was now a decent Earl whom the people actually looked up to. That had been surprising.

Matilda sat next to her mother, baby Spencer on her lap. Lewis sat next to his wife, both of their faces expressing their excitement. Next to Duke Piers sat Jasper, having made a full recovery with incredibly minimal relapses now. He had a smile on his face, something that isn't a rare occurrence anymore. He was truly happy.

Next to him sat a man with gorgeous platinum blonde hair, his eyes shining like blue diamonds. When I first met Adolph, I thought he was a ghost. I quickly learned that he was an angel and that Jasper had dibs on him.

Duchess Hannah now had a scar on her face after getting into a bar fight with a Russian. That was a funny story to hear over the holidays. Her husband, Gregory, had received a new title and was now a Duke and the Head Knight. Their son, Count Palatine Victor, followed in his father's footsteps and became a knight. Of course the fearful family would join an occupation where they get to stab people.

Molly even sat in the audience, her arms around Alejandro as he desperately tried to claw her off. His wife wouldn't approve.

The doors swung open and with it came the sight I had instantly fallen in love with. Sarina stood there with her pitch black hair done up, her beautiful figure adored by a black, white and golden dress. She had a wide grin on her face as she was escorted by her mother, a woman who permanently had a heart attack from her daughter's crazy adventures.

Sarina carried the face of an angel, one I just wanted to kiss in front for the world to see. Not like I hadn't done it before. I even proclaimed my love for her on top of the Empire State building at one point in my journeys as a monarch. I'm pretty sure the world was sick of hearing about my utter love and devotion to the woman I chose to spend my life with.

She walked up to the platform elegantly, her mother already crying. This was even worse than before. I wondered why though. It was as if her mother was convinced she was letting her daughter go by giving me her hand. That already happened, so why did this have a bigger impact on her?

Sarina broke off from her mother, giving a quick peck on her cheek before her mother moved to take a seat next to my parents. Sarina took a few steps closer to the platform before kneeling in front of me, her head bowed. I could see her figure was a bit tense and I remembered when I was in her position. I smiled and turned to everyone in the room.

"Let me express how much I love this woman," the entirety of the hall groaned, and I only chuckled a bit. "She has been by my sides continuously, never leaving me no matter what stupid things I do. She didn't leave me when I punched my boyfriend all those many years ago. She didn't leave me when I accidentally set a small fire to the Leaning Tower of Pisa. She didn't leave when I forgot to pick her up from Hawaii... you get the idea," there was giggles. "And I have taken this woman's hand in marriage, and I promised to not leave her side and that is my intention 'till death do us apart. But this, right now, is what I believe she has deserved for so many years now. It is also something that I have only dreamed about and now it will actually happen. This beautiful, beautiful woman before me will finally be able to stand beside me like I have stood beside her. I will grab her hand and never let it go. I promise this on this my life. Without further ado," I turned to the side where the Archbishop stood. He headed up towards me, the pillow in his arms with my old tiara sitting on top. It looked as magnificent as the day I first got it. I picked it up gently and took a few steps downwards towards where Sarina knelt. "By the power vested in me as Queen of the Kingdom, I crown Sarina Miller, Friend of the Crown as Her Royal Majesty, Princess Sarina," I placed the tiara on top of her head, and I could see her smile blossoming brightly. Although I couldn't offer her another role of queen, she was still a Majesty.

I took her hand and she allowed herself to be pulled up. She rose up the steps and came to stand next to me, our hands laying elegantly on top of each other's. I eventually lowered our hands and intertwined them, sending her a smile filled with the utmost love. She returned it without hesitation and rose her free hand to trace the side of my face her finger. She hooked her finger under my chin and brought my face closer to her. We kissed, and not one sound from within the hall could be deemed more important than the taste of Sarina's lips.

She pulled away and gave me a massive smile, one I couldn't help but return. We turned back to face the people, their claps drowning me. I could faintly make out Jasper and Adolph involved in their own make out session.

Typical.

"Melanie?" I heard Sarina whisper to me.

"Yes, my love?" I returned in a soft voice.

"I know it's only been a few weeks since we've got married, even though it took forever for you to propose," I scoffed.

"The paperwork was hell. Do you have any idea how hard it is to prepare a wedding for a homosexual royal couple? The state wanted to kill me at first,"

"But you convinced them?" it was a statement but she made it sound like a question.

"No. Why do you think we eloped then?" I asked sarcastically, and she rolled her eyes.

"But anyway, I know we've only been married for a few weeks but technically, in my mind, we've been married for... at least three years. Since I moved into the palace," Sarina still spoke, and I began to wonder when she was going to do her speech.

"Where is this going?"

"The point is... Melanie, I want a baby,"

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

To everyone who has been with me on this wild journey, thank you so much ♥ I love you all.