Chapter II ♕ Foundation

Above we have Sarina ♥

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

The palace halls were filled with the gentle sound of a violin and piano combination. They sounded like professionals, even though they were as young as they were. Many hours had gone into their practice and it was certainly not wasted. My back was pressed against the door to the room they were playing in, a smile adorning my face. I absolutely adored it when they played calming, classical music. It warmed my heart to know that my little brothers had such talent.

The twin princes; Cornelius and Bartholomew Darlington at their tender age of thirteen, were quickly raising to the exceptions set out by our parents. They were smart and talented, especially when it came to music. I was nowhere near exceptional or even mediocre when it came to making music. I did not let it carry weight on my shoulders though, seeing as the twins had no dancing capability whatsoever. I pity the princesses who have to be their partners on the ballroom one day.

"My Princess?" I looked to the side to see one of the palace workers. More specifically, my language tutor. I held up a finger to my mouth, indicating her to keep quiet, as I gave a glance towards the door. I smiled gently before nodding back at her, following behind her as we headed to my lesson.

♕♥ ♕♥ ♕

"Everyone, we have exciting news! Gather around!" the manager of the gym, a tall bold man with a permanent suit plastered to his body, called all of the surrounding gymnasts to his side. He waited until all of the leotard-clothed males and females crowed around his body and grew silent. Suddenly realizing that his tall figure wouldn't be enough, he looked to one of the teenage male gymnasts. Understanding, he hoisted the manager onto his shoulder until he reigned over everyone. Now he could see everyone clearly.

"There has been a request that our gym make an appearance on the Royal Variety Performance this year to promote gymnastics," he sounded completely excited, but another gymnast begged to differ of his enthusiastic.

"We're gymnasts! Not circus performers! We don't do performances," a girl spoke up, and many agreed. The managed looked almost defeated as he sat on the gymnast's shoulder.

"Come on guys. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. With this we'll be able to raise enough money to go to Nationals. All we have to do is combine a few floor routines and bam! We've got ourselves something that will impress the crowd. Please guys," it was silent as many considered it on their own. Reluctantly, a few agreed whilst others agreed without hesitation. There were still those who choose not too but according to the manager, they had plenty gymnasts already. There were many who wanted to show off their talents to royalty.

Once such person, who didn't exactly have a feel for performance yet got pulled into agreeing by a fellow gymnast, was a peculiar gothic girl. She had skin which revealed her sunlight deprivation, black hair which was never tied up and permanent black makeup surrounding her eyes. Her leotards were nothing short of the blackest black and her personality warded off many. It was inquired frequently as to why she was allowed to be a part of the private gym.

The answer was simple: she was too good to let go.

Having been pushed to do the sport by her mother fourteen years ago, the combination of the experience, the potential and natural flexibility in her body; she quickly became a prodigy.

"Sarina!" she heard the calling of her name just as she was about to exit and turned to see her friend, Molly, run over with her gym bag on her back. "Thank you for agreeing to do the performance with me! I don't think I'd have the courage to do it without you," she admitted sincerely.