Chapter XII ♕ Sarina

Two days ago; Tuesday.

Sarina was sleeping in, not wanting to leave her bed for any reason. Besides, her gymnastics was only that afternoon and she graduated from school the previous year, so there wasn't any place for her to get to. It was all perfect. That it is until her mother stormed into her room with a strange expression.

"Ugh, I want to sleep," Sarina muttered, throwing the blanket over her head.

"You might want to get up. Molly's here," her mother announced before exciting, leaving me with confusion etched into my brow. She looked over to see it wasn't even noon yet and began wondering why her friend was here. She rose from her bed, not bothering to pull any clothes on headed to the living room with her blanket wrapped around her. Sarina entered the room to see a lively Molly, a bounce in her step and wide eyes permanent on her face.

"Sarina! Are you not awake yet? You must not have seen it yet then!" Molly spoke quickly while Sarina's tired mind was trying to process what her overly excited friend was saying.

"Seen what?" Sarina asked sleepily, rubbing her eyes with her sheet. Molly was about to continue before she suddenly titled her head and peered at Sarina curiously.

"Are you wearing any clothes?" Sarina pulled away at the blanket, revealing that she was at least wearing undergarments. "Anyway, you need to see this!" Molly ran and jumped over the couch, landing skilfully on the other side before scrambling to find the television remote. Sarina sighed with irritation and walked up to the couch, turning and around and tipping over the couch spine to lie upside down on the comfy material. Molly finally found the remote and turned the apparatus on, scrolling to the channel she was looking for.

"What is all this about?" Sarina groaned, but Molly didn't answer. It wasn't until she hit the channel that Sarina remained uninterested.

"...it might have been under terrible circumstances, but I feel that everyone will feel more at ease now that we know who our Princess is," the anchor-woman spoke, tapping at her cards as she peered at her partner.

"Yes, but I think the King isn't too happy with this development. We already saw the Queen's fury as she raided the hospital, but didn't the King say just a few weeks ago that he thought dyeing your hair was taboo?" he asked curiously, and the woman's eyes widened.

"That is true! How does he feel knowing his own daughter's hair is purple?" at this, Sarina's brows furrowed. Why was Molly showing her this?

"For anyone just now tuning it, yesterday night Princess Melanie, the royal we have only heard about until now, was checked into the hospital. The staff were oblivious to who she was until our esteemed Queen herself barged into the hospital, absolutely furious with her daughter. We have yet to find out what had happened to the Princess, but we do know her injuries consisted of various scratches on her body, mirror pieces in her feet and hands and something that is known as a Boxer's Fracture, commonly formed by punching the wrong way. Had our Princess been in a fight?" the woman summed up, and the man continued.

"She was released early this morning from the hospital after observations during the night, the Royal Guards protecting her from the media waiting outside but there was one successful photo taken of Her Highness and although she doesn't seem very welcoming in the photo, we can presume she had just gone through something terrible. Show the photo," he looked off camera, and the image of them was replaced by something that Sarina would never have expected in her life. There she was, in all her glory; Alice. She was being carried bridal style by a Royal Guard, his red coat and bearskin revealing his authentic reality. There were more guards around them, the camera aimed perfectly between two of them. Her purple hair was messy and stuck to her face, her face full of tears and old makeup. She was still wearing a hospital gown, her feet and hands covered in bandages and a brace on her right hand. She looked terrified out of her mind, clawing at the Royal Guard who was carrying her. On further inspection, Sarina realized she knew the guard. It was Ian!