Chapter Nineteen

*Time lapse, two weeks*

"But why can't you stay for a few more days?" I whined like a small girl who wasn't getting what she wanted as my parents got their luggage ready.

They are leaving for home today, and I'm NOT happy.

"Darling, we have to get back to work. And we are also taking up most of your time. We'll come back to visit you soon." My dad explained as if talking to a small child.

I frowned and crossed my arms accross my chest. "At least let me drop you at the airport!" I exclaimed.

Sighing, they started assembling all their suitcases together. "You need to go to work. Besides, we've already called for a taxi. We'll reach fine, don't worry."

Now it was my turn to sigh. "Fine. But call me once after reaching the airport, before boarding the plane, and after landing."

"We will." Mom says, walking over to me and wrapping her arms around me, engulfing me in her warm embrace. "I'll miss you. Both of you." I mutter while pulling my father into the hug.

I really will miss them.

                            ♡♡♡

After getting off work, I head straight home and change into comfortable clothes.

I decide to text Niall, as we had hardly been able to meet aalong the past few days, with my parents being in town.

To Ni
Hey

No, I did not change his name, he did it himself.

Almost immediately, I got a reply.

From Ni
Hey :)

To Ni
That smile is really starting to creap me out.

From Ni
:-)

Better?

To Ni
Much better ♡

From Ni
What are you doing tonight?

To Ni
Spending time with you, probably?

From Ni
You know me so well

To Ni
That I do ;-)

From Ni
So come over to mine? Or should I come over to yours?

To Ni
I'm too comfortable to move rn.

From Ni
Haha, don't worry, I'll come over.

To Ni
Can't wait.

                           ♡♡♡

As I sit in my living room watching Friends reruns, I hear the lock on the main door rattle.

I had given Niall a key to my house a few days back, when we had last met.

He manages to unlock the door and walk in, shutting and locking it again behind him.

He walks over to the couch and sits beside me, putting his arm around my  shoulder and pulling me close.

I sigh and rest my head on his chest.

For the next hour, we just sit and watch the show, him olaying with my hair, laughing occasionally.

That's when I realise how much I love his company, even when there was no conversation taking place. We had gotten extremely comfortable around each other the past few months, and now I was quite sure about my feelings for him.

"Ni?" I say, looking up at him.

"Yeah love?" He looks down, still playing with my hair.

"I love you."