Chapter Seven: An Introduction ✔️

Start from the beginning

Audrey was too mesmerized by the translucent ceiling to even listen to Jacob. "Wow," she whispered.

A grip tight knocked Audrey out of her stance. "Let's go!" Jacob commanded and pulled Audrey to her right. "C'mon!"

Audrey followed him.

The room was filled with consequential designers and owners of big companies. Jacob smiled and greeted people along the way. Meanwhile, it took quite awhile for Audrey to enter. A short, old, mean looking man guarded the entrance. Even if he aged and had a arched back, it didn't affect his keen eyesight.

"No trespassers inside the meeting!" the old man hissed. "Outside!"

Audrey was slightly offended. "You see, I'm the assistant of Jacob Harris from HSC."

"HSC?" He questioned. "Are you making this up? You can be a intruder or spy."

"No, I'm just an assistant," she clarified. "Here to take notes and stuff." She rummaged through her bag and fished out her notepad and pen."See."

A man cleared his throat. "She's with me, Todd," Jacob implied and towered over the old man.

"Oh, you are?" Todd fretted. "Sorry about that and you are?" Todd turned to Audrey and apologized.

"Audrey," she said. "It's fine."

They all took their seats and the meeting commenced. Rowena Reel was head of the fashion board and organized the entire event. Her work is an influential in the industry. She somehow gave fashion a new meaning, evolving fashion trends and adding her own style that no one thought of till now. She dominated the industry and had everyone as her footstool including Audrey.

"Fashion, what comes in mind when I hear that word? I think of revival, rebirth, the Renaissance. This year is focused on the revival of spring. I'm sure Mother Nature won't fail you. She's mysterious. Isn't she?" Rowena went on, enchanting other designers. "So with your help, can we revive spring?"

On the ride back, Audrey indulged on every piece of word that came out of Rowena's mouth. "Such beauty."

"No, I think Rowena is a preying piranha. She has a way of capturing your attention that you don't know she's draining all your senses already," Jacob protested. "I hate going to her meetings but her after parties are best."

"She's an icon!" Audrey barked.

"Course, you'll say that."

"What do you mean by that?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You're a fan so you adore Rowena-"

"Ms. Reel," Audrey interrupted.

"Whatever, she has your loyalty. It explains a lot about your outfits," Jacob imputed. "Well, enough of fashion. I need another round of coffee."

They drove to Zen's La' Café. At Zen's La' Café, they served all kinds of coffee and bread. It had a sweet mixed vintage style interior. It felt right at home.

Audrey picked out a table outside the cafe. It wasn't too hot that you couldn't bare the sun. It was mild. Plus, it had cute strips going up and down umbrellas.

"Here," Jacob said, sliding a twenty dollar bill to Audrey. "Get yourself a drink."

"Where's my please?"

"I left it at Antarctica," he annoyingly joked.

She grabbed the bill and headed inside.

"Welcome to Zen La Café!" Zen, the cashier greeted. "How may I help you?"