Chapter 10

Everyone partied well into the early morning, and eventually they allowed the happy couple to leave. Xavier had already arranged everything, so his pilots were waiting for them at the airport. They headed straight there and Xander helped his wife up into the jet before going to alert his pilots of their arrival.

"I can't believe you wouldn't let me change," Diamond commented once they were in the air.

He smirked. "Mrs Kingston, I intend to take my sweet time enjoying peeling that sin off of you."

"And I take it that will happen once we've landed?" she asked, blushing.

"That is correct. I don't want our first time to be on the jet," he replied.

"So what are we doing until then? I'm not tired as yet," she pointed out.

"Neither am I, so I guess we can get the talking out of the way now so that we enjoy our honeymoon with no pressure or anxiety," he said.

"Ok, I'm good with that. Where do we start?" she asked.

"I guess I'll go first. I was born on Christmas Day as you know. What you don't know and have surprisingly not questioned yet, is my father's presence in my life. Well, I don't know him. My mother fell pregnant with me at a very young age, and as my grandfather said at our wedding, her pregnancy caused strife between my grandparents. While they were both disappointed, my grandmother wanted to kick my mother out, while my grandfather argued that since my father had already bailed out on her, it would be wrong to kick her out. The situation got so out of hand that my grandmother left my grandfather. After the messy divorce, my mother wanted nothing more than to do something nice for people who couldn't afford anything, so the annual Kingston Christmas Charity Ball was born. I was supposed to be born on the third of January the following year, but I guess I just couldn't wait to get started on my life," he joked, making her laugh.

"Anyway, so my grandfather is a self-made billionaire who grew up as an orphan. It's the reason why my family isn't that big. We don't really know our history, and since it's a touchy subject with my grandfather, we've never bothered to find out. There are only a few family members that we've connected with over the years. So, while I was a baby, my grandfather borrowed my mother money to start her catering company, but as you know, the Dorothy Kingston brand grew with time and became about way more than catering. However, it wasn't an easy journey for her, especially where I was involved. I was a smart kid, but I was also problematic, and sometimes it didn't end well. It took a while to get me under control, and she had to face a lot of criticism and scepticism. Eventually I was the son she could be proud of. Eight years into my existence, Macy was born. Now, Macy's dad was a wealthy man and my mom's chance at a happy life, but he was killed on the day Macy was born. My mom hasn't truly been the same since," he said, pausing as he thought about his stepdad.

"I'm so sorry Xavier," Diamond said lowly.

"It's ok. We've all dealt with it by now, but I still wish my mom would find someone to make her happy. I mean, she's only turning forty three. She's still got plenty of time," he pointed out.

"But only she can make that decision," she argued.

"True. I guess I just want her to be happy, and I guess our marriage brings her a bit of some happiness considering the fact that she was sure I would die alone," he commented.

"Speaking of, you're not telling me much about yourself," she pointed out.

He sighed. "I guess I was trying to figure out how I would tell you. It's not the easiest thing for me to do."

"I take it the hard part has got to do with the woman who broke your heart?" she asked.

"How do you know about her?" he asked, frowning.