Chapter 9

My Love

Ever since Emery first told me about you, I knew that you were someone worth knowing. The more she spoke about you, the more I realized that you were someone worth loving. By the time I spoke to you for the first time, despite my thundering heart, I knew that you are worth keeping for the rest of my life.

We've only been engaged for two minutes, that I know, but I couldn't stand thinking about anyone else thinking that they have a shot with you, so I took the executive decision to speed things up a little.

You don't have to go along with this, though it would suck to be left at the altar on Valentine's Day. By now, you've probably pieced together why your day played out the way that is has.

The ladies at the store helped you to pick out your wedding dress since the dresses they made you pick from were from the bridal collection. You chose your preferred cake from Lindsey and she's made the one you said you liked most from her portfolio.

Elise is not getting married. She's been married for a year now and was roped in to play the distressed bride. My mother arranged everything for our wedding based off of everything you chose while you were with her. You were helping her set up for our wedding.

Todd helped you to pick out the flowers to your liking, and I remembered to tell them to add the fairy lights. I know we only spoke briefly about your perfect wedding, and I can only hope that I have given it to you.

I really hope you decide to take this crazy leap with me. I love you, and I can't wait to see you. Everything out here looks perfect.

XTK

She stared at the note, trying to wrap her mind around what she was reading. She'd been oblivious to the master plan the entire day. She didn't even think something like this could be planned so ingeniously and yet her fiancé had pulled it off.

What she didn't know was how stressed out he'd been the whole day. He'd spent the day at the office with Emery, Everett, Kenny and Macy as they tried to pull everything together as quickly as they could.

It took a lot of money to make a lot of the things happen, but Xavier didn't care for costs and was rather convinced and confident in that he could do it. He put everything into it, but there was still that lingering fear in him that she would not agree.

He stood at the end of the altar with sweaty palms as he smiled at the arriving guests. When he spotted his sister, he knew that that only meant that his fiancée had arrived, and he didn't think he could panic any more than he was in that moment.

"Would you relax? She's going to walk down that aisle and you'll be blown away," Everett told him. As the Best Man, it was his duty to calm the groom down.

"What if I rushed her? What if she hates me for this plan and decides that I'm not worth it? Everett, what if she leaves me? I won't be able to take it," Xavier told him.

Everett pulled him by the arm and led them behind the makeshift altar where they were hidden by the bushes. "Do you want to call her?"

"I don't know. I mean, I want to be surprised, but then again, she may not even decide to walk down the aisle," Xavier pointed out.

Everett was blindsided by this indecisive side from his best friend as Xavier was always sure of everything he did. "You really love her. Like I knew you did, but I didn't know it was this deep."

"If she leaves me Rett, there's no coming back for me. I will be done. I will become a shell of a man with no reason left to live," Xavier expressed his truest feelings.