The disastrous kiss ♥

Start from the beginning

His smile is now gone and he is staring at me, his face a clear mask of sudden indifference.

I bring in a breath and the smell of beer and liquor hit me head on. I eye Jacks and wonder how drunk he really is. Unlike Jessie he seemed to be holding his alcohol well.

Probably because he does these kind of parties every weekend.

I shrug as if his question is ridiculous. “Don’t act like you haven’t seen the way I’ve been looking at you in class.”

Granted every time I looked at him was on accident and totally not in a flirty way. But, like I expect, Jacks ego get’s in the way.

His lips tip up at the side, a beginning of a smirk threatening to overtake him. “Is that so? I thought you and your little sidekick thought I was the antichrist.”

“You know better than that,” I say, hoping I sound half as seductive as I want. “You are Jacks Daniel and I am Grace Carter. We are practically meant to be together.” Lie, I know, but whatever.

Jacks eyes brighten at the idea. He is probably going over all the ways and success our future relationship can bring him. If anything dating me would make girls want him that much more.

The moment I said Jacks Daniel is worth my time all the girls not pining for him will jump at the chance to even be seen by him.

The idea has the oppisite effect on me. I didn’t want the idea of our social statuses to have any effect on this whole situation. Because if he is my prince then that’s exactly what and all it will be.

He will want to gain all the notice dating me would bring.

When he looks me up and down, I know what he is thinking. He’s thinking I am just as shallow as he is.

He’s thinking that since I am Miss Queen Bee I have to love and want all the attention as much as he does.

Nothing is further from the truth.

“Okay,” He responds breezily. “Indulge me for a minute.” It takes a step closer, shortening the distance and space between us. “Why me? I mean I know I am probably the best you are going to get, but for some reason I don’t see you dating someone just for that.”

I shrug again while simultaneously blanching at the fact he thinks this whole ‘possible relationship’ is a done deal.

“Why not?” I declare with as much assurance as I can. “I mean like you said who else is there? But, Jacks, there is one tiny little thing I need to know before we even think about starting anything.”

“And what is that?”

“How well can you kiss?”

He stares at me for a few pregnant moments before throwing his head back and laughing. I’m so startled by the sudden sound that I almost lose my balance and kneel over on the floor.

“Gracie,” He remarks after just laughing his ass off for a whole minute. “Don’t worry about my kissing. Trust me when I say it’s out of this world.”

If by out of this world he means so horrible that there is no word on eath to describe it then okay.

“I get that,” I start while running my fingers over the sink. “But, really Jacks, what’s one kiss?” He eyes me again and when he takes another step toward me to get closer, he ends up tripping over his own footing in the process.

Before I can brace myself he ends up over top of me. My back presses into the sink faucet as his flushes with mine.

His hand lands heavily on the sink, all from him trying to keep his balance upright. His head is bent over shoulder and small gasps escape the both of us. It’s like suddenly there isn’t enough air in this whole goddamn bathroom for the both of us.