An unfortunate kiss ♥

THE WATTPAD APP IS MESSING UP. IN ORDER TO READ THIS CHAPTER YOU MUST FIND A COMPUTER AND READ IT THERE. WATTPAD WILL HOPEFULLY FIX THE PROBLEM SOON..

This chapter is a little unedited, so please don't mind it. And for anyone asking if this chapter is important, yes, it is. Trust me when I say and it is very important(; 

hahha. Enjoy! Nickymb♥

==============================================================================

“Grace Leanne Carter!”

I flinch as my name is shouted from somewhere down stairs.

Running my fingers quickly through my hair, I snag my book bag off my desk chair before taking the stairs two at a time, no doubt my mother already angry that I am taking too long.

When I reach the bottom, the bane of my existence is sitting on a bar stool, one leg folded gracefully over the other.

Her hands our entwined and resting on her knees, her huge engagement rock in plane sight. I scowl at it as I pass by, knowing it’s that ring that’s made me crazy for these last few days.

Kassi doesn’t even notice me as I pass. She’s too busy smiling adoringly smiling at her fiance. Trying not to gag or rip the ring off in a jealous fit, I try to figure out why she is sitting in my kitchen.

It’s not even that I hate Kassi. I love her just as much as I love my mom. But the fact that she is flaunting her love like it’s the greatest thing that’s ever happened is making me rethink my devotion.

“Grace!” The sharp voice startles me and I snap my gaze from Kassi to my mother. She stands by the stove, her hands on her hips. Her eyes our locked on me, as if she is just waiting for me to mess up.

I swallow and smooth my hands down my cheerleading uniform, wondering if she’s somehow found out about this whole prince business.

I’m sure any mother would disapprove of the fact that her daughter planned on kissing half the school by the time summer came.

“Am I in trouble?” Dumb question, because by the way she is looking at me, I can tell I am in a whole shitload of trouble. “Because I have a meeting this morning for cheerleading and-”

“When were you going to tell me about this?” She raises a paper and when I lean forward and snatch it from her, reading what it says, my heart sinks. If I had any doubts before, they were confirmed by this trader piece of paper.

Mr. Vincent is out to get me.

“Mom,” I start. “It’s not what you th-”

“Oh,” she interrupts. “I’m sure it is exactly what I think. What about college? Or Cheerleading? Do you think they are going to keep you on team when they see this?”

She waves her hand at the paper in my hand and I try my hardest not to crumble it and throw it on the floor. Acting like an over dramatic teenager won't get me anywhere.

“I already talked to coach. She said it’s fine. Plus, I’m seeing a tutor. I am even meeting him after school.” She eyes me a few hard seconds before sighing.

She slowly shakes her head, her dark hair falling in waves around her face.

“As long as this tutor understands that you also have cheer practice, then fine. Just...” she looks at me uncertainly. “I just don’t want you future messed up over a silly grade. I love you too much to see you fail.” I lay the paper on the counter before tightening my hands around my book bags straps.