Chapter 11: Lavender

The screams of the faucet woke him up. The emptiness of the space beside him was daunting him. The light beneath the bathroom door told him where she was which calmed his worries.

He groans and sits up, the ruffled sheets gliding down his body. He looks around the room, his eyes meeting with the bright screen that sat patiently on the table on the other end of the room.

He was curious as to why it was open and why it dinged every once in a while. So with the new  found opportunity, he walked towards it and brought it back with him to the bed. The bed creaks lightly as he sits back down and snuggles into the cotton sheets.

Pushing the computer screen the full way open, he looked into the first tab. He knew Lillian wouldn't mind him searching through her computer, it was an open book. Besides, she always left it open around him and never bothered to tell him to stay away. She wouldn't care about him flicking through the tabs.

He smiled reading a short story she wrote a few days ago. He realized he was in her emails considering it was sent to the company and was still opened. Closing the email tab, he planned to go back to sleep. But when the tab was shut the screen went back to the main page and an odd file under the name of book 1 sat on the right side of the screen away from any other file or website.

Clicking on it, his eyes widens. He bit his lip as he read each word deeply. He smiles as the main character says a snide comment about his friend. He was so immersed in reading the first chapter that he doesn't notice the shower suddenly stopping and a few minutes later the bathroom door opens revealing Lillian in a shirt and pajamas bottoms with her hair wet and a brush in her hand.

"What are you doing to my laptop? Are you making sure you're the only guy I talk to?" Lillian joked as Dan playfully rolls his eyes.

"Why don't you send this to a company?"

"What are you- oh. I dunno. I just-" she didn't know how to tell him that the fright of having the public's eye on her terrified her. She didn't want anyone knowing her name which was stupid because anyone who read her bestsellers novel would know her.

"It's amazing, honestly. You don't have to worry about being rejected. You're too talented to let this go to waste. Baby, please at least think about it." He didn't know she didn't care about how popular it got she just didn't want the attention she got the first time around it had her heart pounding.

"I'll think about it." She nodded in confirmation.

"Okay. How about we just stay at home today and watch movies? I mean, neither of us have work today, so why not?" Axel lazily smiled up at her, the tiredness of just waking up clear in his eyes.

"Alrighty." She jumped on the bed making the laptop lightly jump.

"Okay. I'll put on Tangled." Her heart swelled. He remembers her favorite movie.

He got out of the sheets and walked to the television on the other side of the room. He put the DVD inside and pressed play.

••••

Lillian smiled hearing Dan's soft whistle like snores by her ear. She placed a quick kiss on his forehead before pulling away and pulling her laptop, that sat on the nightstand, on her lap.

She forced her brain to cease all thoughts because if she gave herself a moment to think then it never would happen. She quickly opened her emails looking for the writing company she really wanted to work with and sent her book, that was in a file, to them, her heart thumping loudly.

Just as she pressed send she immediately regretted it. But she closed her thoughts all over again and began singing, curling into herself and placing her knees closer to her chest and the laptop on the bed in front of her.

"The sun will come out tomorrow.
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun.
Just thinkin' about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow 'till there's none..."

She smiles and stops. The song already calming her. Thankfully her whispers of the song did not wake Dan up. Her thoughts barely on the email she sent. She was calm. She was happy. Not even the thought of rejection nor popularity scared her right then. She breathes deeply before exhaling once again.

Picking up the laptop, she places it on the nightstand and closes it once again, before closing the lights and turning back to Dan and snuggling close to his warmth.

A/N

I'm traveling tomorrow so if my posting is slow then I'm sorry.