Chapter 2: African Daisy

The red velvet cupcake was like a whiff of sugar slamming into her face at such an hour in the morning but that's how she liked it. She scuffs down the last bit, practically swallowing it whole, then smiles a toothy smile to herself making some of the waiters aww to themselves.

The fact that people didn't know her nor did they know her past calms her. People treated her no differently than they treated anyone else and it made her much more optimistic about her future.

She still sat alone in a heap of quiet giggles to herself and absolute silence. The only moment she spoke was when her body completely trusted someone and that normally takes a lot of time. Even the waiters at the hotel diner weren't spoken to. She only pointed which did make people question her but no one said anything to her face, in respect.

Respect; something she hadn't had for almost all her life, even when she left. People didn't get her and they still didn't but she was fine with that. She has an outlet that always calmed her nerves, writing.

She walked out of the diner with her little green purse that had ripped edges and was filled with a book, pencil and her small wallet. She didn't need to pay for her meal because she knew it all went straight to her tab which she'll pay at the end of her stay.

Keeping her head down to not attract attention from the sweet people who worked at the register of the hotel, she passed hem as they gave her questioning thoughts for the odd silent girl.

She smiled when she saw Dan holding a small rose walking towards her, seemingly have just arrived. He smiled brightly in his black shirt and black tight jeans, looking quite edgy but with his slightly chubby cheeks and breathtaking smile she only saw a cute bunny, completely oblivious. His tattoos went from the side of his neck down both his arms, a small Christian cross just bellow his ear whereas the large pieces reached the back of his hand and wrist.

"Hello, darling." He smiled brightly as he stood in front of her, towering over her small form.

"H-hi." Just like always her heart pumped faster.

Her cheeks were flaming with a deep pink hue. He mentally chuckled, and just for good measures he bent down and placed a sweet kiss on her cheek effectively making them warmer and deeper shade of pink.

"I got you something." He handed her the small little flower making her fingers curved around it's stem. "I thought it was pretty."

"Thank y-you." She shyly swayed a bit, biting her lip as she began to hear the thumping of her heartbeat. He smiled adoringly and picked up her small hand in his large rugged one.

He lead the way, passing onlookers and little shoppes. New York was crowded, as always, and he was determined to get there on time before the tourists went on the tour guide and took over the place. He called over a cab and let Lillian jump in first before following suit.

Telling the driver where to go, he still held her hand as they look out from her window. She could still remember this city like she had never left. The city was always beautiful even if it had far too many manmade things rather than letting nature fill up the space like she'd normally prefer it. She absolutely loved this place.

She watched silently still infatuated with the city. The only thing she didn't like was her past with this place, nothing can ever make up for what happened. She can still remember the agonizing pain she felt when it was stolen from her but at the moment she pushed everything to the side and focused on the warmth from Dan's hand.

Once they finally arrived, he paid for the trip and they both stepped out of the yellow cab. A large museum stood before them but instead of going inside it like everyone else he went to the side. Turning to the side of the museum, a large plain land of grass sat with flowers growing from the roots of trees.