Chapter 14: Fine or Forgive?

Start from the beginning

There is also a myth going around that the Calidisi have bled themselves into our everyday society (see Leor and Lissanda). The overseers have made it their mission to keep the lineage of mankind pure and search to exterminate any Calidisi. It's very unlikely that Calidisi have escaped the eyes of the overseers since they have spies protecting and investigating us from threats.

I closed out the website and typed in the search tab 'the elders'.

Some old movie titles came up but nothing more did. I closed my laptop frustrated that I couldn't find anymore in depth information. The overseers have made sure to restrict knowledge on the internet of anything and everything and it constantly frustrated me.

I grabbed some of my school work and focused on it until I fell asleep.

~~~

 I groggily opened my eyes and the smell of cookies entered my nose. I rubbed my eyes awake, stretched, and yawned. I looked over to my holographic alarm and I had woken up before my alarm. I turned on my side happy to get some more rest.

"Nai," Xander's voice startled me.

My eyes popped open and I sat up straight, "What the hell are you doing here!" I covered my mouth not knowing if Evie came back from her date. I pulled my hands down to my sides and gave him the evil eye.

He sat on my bed and stared at me.

Xander?

He stared some more.

You're starting to really creep me out. I hugged my comforter closer to me.

He didn't take his eyes off of me.

Xander!

Cookie? He held out a container of chocolate chip cookies. The devil knew they were my favorite.

Huh? I sneered.

I'm sorry. He pouted.

I pulled my covers over my head and laid back down. I don't want your cookies and I definitely don't want to see your ugly face.

Nai! He whined.

No Xander! You went too far this time.

He poked his hand under the cover to grab my leg. I kicked his hand off and pulled my cover from my face to give him a death glare. Don't touch me.

He pounced on top of me and held my hands back. I won't let you go until you forgive me.

God he was such a five year old sometimes but a small smile broke through my face.

Xander gleamed. I'm sorry now it's your turn.

You're an ass.

Eh. Wrong. It starts with an F and ends with an E.

Fuck off.

Fiesty! But no, that doesn't end with an E. Give it another guess, c'mon I know you can do it!

I tried to struggle out of his hold but I couldn't. I didn't want to forgive him so easily, he made me so mad and he hurt me but I knew that I could never hold a grudge against him for too long. We've gone through too much to be mad for long.

Fine! Ha!

Hey! That's not fair! It's forgive, not fine!

Should've been more specific loser!