Chapter 6: Hermione's Potion

Start from the beginning

"Where is Harry?" Emily asked. "Last time I saw him was at Dinner, rather busy with Weasel & that Granger girl." He said. She asked Madam Pomfrey once more if she was well enough to leave the Hospital Wing, the healer examined her for the last time that day and permitted Emily to exit the premises.

Emily smiled and thanked her as she prepared her stuff to leave. Draco helped carry her homework and textbooks while they walked back to the Slytherin common room, but before she could step back inside Emily told him that she had to talk to her brother, "I'll be back in a short while."

He looked at her with utmost concern; she had been on bed rest for two days. Draco didn't approve of her roaming the halls alone, but he gave in when he saw the headstrong expression she bore, realizing that she was more than capable of protecting herself. "I'll be here," Draco said taking the Dragon toy and the flowers she had in her arms so she could go her way freely. 

Emily quickened her pace as she walked up to the 7th floor, eager to see Harry. When she was nearing the corridor leading to the portrait of the Fat Lady, Emily felt like someone was watching her from behind. She felt the back of her neck tingle with electricity, she was sure of someone hiding from behind. Emily took a few short steps to be in arm's reach from behind the stone columns and sure enough, she caught grasp of a cloak.

Underneath the fabric revealed a surprised Harry scared out of his wits. Emily laughed and shrouded herself and her brother with the apparent invisibility cloak, "I do hope you don't mind me joining you." She said, leading them down the corridor, "Where are you going?"

"Are you feeling better?" Harry asked. Emily was taken aback at how sincere his voice had sounded like when he asked her of her health, "I am well, thanks for asking." The pair walked in silence, tiptoeing on the stone floor heading to the library. "Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Emily asked in a whisper. "Quit reading my mind, Em." Harry demanded in a stony voice, "I don't know who he is. That's why I sneaked here in the first place."

Emily sighed, pushing through the heavy wooden doors of the library, "I can't always help it, you know? It just happens sometimes whether I want it to or not. They're like footnotes at a bottom of a page in a textbook" Her brother took note of this and remembered not to be so harsh on her, seeing that she couldn't fully control her abilities.

Harry pulled out a chained book from the shelves and examined its spine, searching for a title. Curious, he flipped it open only to be greeted with a voice of a man screaming bloody murder. Emily jumped backward, upsetting the oil lamp until it rolled out of reach and sent itself crashing on the floor. The sound of an old man's footsteps started to grow from behind them, "Let's go!" She hissed at him, dragging him away from the book and out to the hallway.

He didn't know where his sister was taking them; all he knew was that it was better than staying in the library and getting caught by Filch. Emily took him to the room she had once visited with Draco, the room where the Mirror of Erised resided. She took out the key she had received from before and unlocked the door. The twins went inside; she led him to stand in front of the mirror and waited.

Harry wanted to leave before anyone else could find them, but something made him want to stay. Two smoky figures appeared in the mirror, two young adults who vaguely looked like Emily and himself. He realized that this is what his sister wanted to show him, "I see them now." Harry said. Emily turned her head to him and eyed him curiously, "You do?"

"Yeah," He said in an almost quiet voice, "I can see them."

They sat there in front of the mirror, her head resting on her brother's shoulder as they watched their parents in the mirror. A few minutes passed, Emily had urged him to go back to Gryffindor Tower. She went her way alone to hers, her figure dissolving amongst the shadows.