Chapter 6: Hermione's Potion

"Draco?" Emily muttered incoherently as she was stirring in her sleep, her voice tainted with weariness and exhaustion. Draco sank back in his chair, realizing it was just his imagination of hearing her voice. He had been allowed by Dumbledore to visit her during breaks and free periods, even if he wasn't, Draco would still find a way to sneak into the Hospital Wing. Emily had been unconscious for two days now.

"Still remember that prank you did on Zabini? That was fun. And that time in the Common room – I know you don't want to talk about it, but you're unconscious now so I can do whatever I want." Draco said jokingly, he paused for a while hearing his own words and how inappropriate it sounded, "I didn't mean it like that of course, you know I wouldn't." 

Even if she wasn't there with him mentally, Draco didn't find it in him to talk about the kiss. He did not deny harboring a crush on her since they had met, he had no shame about his feelings, but all of that changed when he realized she began to reciprocate it. Now isn't really the best time for that kind of talk. 

Draco had placed a small pile of parchment and books next to her, reminding the unconscious Emily of the homework she had missed. The bell rang and he left for dinner.

~

Emily looked around the Hospital wing which was useless since she wasn't wearing her glasses, "Accio glasses." She said waving her wand which was conveniently in her pocket, the sound of her spectacles made a buzzing sound from her right, prompting her to raise her hand in anticipation of catching it.

She looked around her bed and saw a table toppled with Get Well cards, her homework, flowers, and a dragon plush. Emily gave a half-smile at the things settled on the table and began working on her homework. Not long after finishing her first essay for Charms, she looked up when the sound of footsteps came closer to her quarters, "Merlin's beard! You're awake!" Madam Pomfrey rushed to her side at once, "Are you alright? No headaches or any pain?" She asked looking into her eyes and feeling her forehead.

"None yet, when can I go Madam Pomfrey?" Emily asked closing her Charms book.

"Well, let's see in a few hours." She advised, disappearing in her office. After a fair few hours, Emily had already finished her work and began admiring the flowers on the table. She tried to stand up and smell them, but she suddenly felt light-headed and rested again.

"Thought you'd be doing your homework first Emily." A voice said interrupting her thoughts. "Already done, Draco," She said smirking in sheer cockiness. "Do you like flowers?" He asked.

Emily averted her attention back to the gorgeous bouquet on her table, "They're my favorite. Dragon Lilies, how did you know?" She asked looking at him. "Who said anything about me giving you flowers?" Draco asked. 

"Draco, do you know what Veritaserum is?" 

"No, why'd you ask?" Draco questioned wearily, feeling a threat coming his way. "It's sort of a truth potion, even with a little drop it can make the darkest of all dark wizards spill their deepest secrets." She revealed, eyeing Draco. He gulped and shuddered at the thought of being totally out of control under the hold of a truth potion, "Fine, I sent the flowers." Draco said giving up. Emily smiled and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. I should tell the truth more often.  He thought to himself.

Draco saw her roll her eyes at him as if she had heard his thoughts, Emily went ahead and grabbed the Dragon plush to move things along, "Who?" She asked waving around the toy. "It's from your brother, I think," Draco answered. Emily admired the little stuffed dragon; it was a Hungarian Horntail, to say the least. It was obviously hand made by three 11-year-olds judging by the wonky stitching and the mismatched button eyes. It was her favorite kind of magical creature; she was puzzled about Harry knowing what creature she liked.