Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

"Rye whiskey, rye whiskey, I don't need ya no more

Y'ave lost your appeal; it's Little Cass I adore

She's got a sweet round arse and nice, shapely hips

Drunkenness follows a mere kiss to her lips"

"Finnegan!" Cassandra exclaimed, blushing bright red as Finnegan filled the morning with his new song.

"I think it's rather creative," Calvin chuckled.

"Don't encourage him. He already thinks far too highly of himself," Cassandra muttered. She sent Calvin a glare and rolled her eyes when Seamus laughed as well and Finnegan began a new verse, this one discussing her golden hair and mile long legs.

It had been one week since Finnegan had been taken by those men and managed to escape. They had left that town at first light and traveled hard to put a lot of distance between them and anyone who might still be after Finnegan.

One week of traveling hard north with four good horses and they were now going through north west Kansas. It would still be another month at least before they reached Montana, longer if they wanted their horses to be worth anything once they arrived, but Cassandra was in no hurry. Seamus and Finnegan were getting along somewhat better lately and Cassandra knew that the more time passed without Finnegan getting in trouble the more Seamus would realize he'd been wrong.

Cassandra desperately wanted Finnegan to prove his brother, and her father, and everyone else who doubted him, wrong.

"Finnegan, I'm quite certain that no one here other than you cares to hear about my physical attributes."

"And such eye pleasin' physical attributes they are," Finnegan winked.

"I do believe the woman is about to smack you, Finnegan," Calvin warned.

Cassandra fought back a smile as she looked at the man she was riding beside. She liked Calvin. Over the last week she'd gotten to know him better as he'd come out of his shell a bit. He was a terribly shy man and the way they had met had had him uncomfortable around her for a long while but finally he was warming up to her.

"Aye, she knows I enjoy it when she gets a bit rough."

"Finnegan! You're being vulgar!" Cassandra exclaimed.

"And the blush on your cheeks along with the twitchin' of your lips tell me that you're enjoyin' my vulgarity, Little Cass." Finnegan patted Theo's neck and then glanced at Calvin. "You should make up a song about your lover, Calvin. They tend to appreciate that kind of thing."

"No," Seamus shook his head. "No, we don't."

"You just admitted he was your lover," Finnegan said with a laugh as Calvin stared with shock at Seamus. "Are ya done pretendin' he's only a friend who shares your bedroll now?"

Cassandra sighed. "Finn, leave them alone..."

Ya know I can't do that," Finnegan shook his head. "It's not everyday your older and rather grumpy brother falls in love."

"Finnegan, that's enough." Seamus shook his head as he spared a glance at Calvin.

Finnegan remained silent for several long seconds but Cassandra knew it would not last.

"Seamus, Dear Seamus, Calvin loves ya so

Your smile sends his heart aflutter, your touch makes him glow