Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Finnegan had no idea why he was doing what he was doing but Cassandra was a temptation that he simply couldn't resist. Finnegan had never had the ability to resist temptation and honestly the fact that he had gone this long without giving in to his urges where she was concerned was commendable.

Now he was done resisting.

He pushed all doubts from his mind, ignored the voices in his head that told him it was wrong and that he was bound to hurt Cassandra, and simply kissed her with everything he had.

The kiss caused him to feel dizzy and off balance. Never had he kissed a lass and felt this way. He had fallen in love with Cassandra when he'd been but a boy and life had forced them apart—all the women in between had simply been for fun but he knew Cass would be different. For him to continue to lie and say he was not in love with her would have been a foolish waste of time and while Finnegan was many things he was no fool.

This was his Little Cass. He had no idea if he could be what she needed, if he could even be good for her, but he was a selfish bastard who damn sure wanted the chance to try.

A little moan came from her back of her throat and Finnegan pulled her closer, desperate to have more of her--all of her.

He reached a hand around her head and buried his fingers in her thick blond curls. Quickly he found the pins that held them back and loosed them all, allowing her soft curls to tumble down her back finally free of their restraints.

Finnegan continued to hungrily devour her mouth. A mouth that could make him feel ten feet tall and bulletproof one instant and tear him down to the ground in the next. A mouth that defended him and believed in him but yet wasn't afraid to call him out on his nonsense when need be. Yes this was his Little Cass and she wouldn't be marrying any man if that man was not him—not that Finnegan wanted marriage. He still did not know for certain he could be a faithful man and he wouldn't go breaking vows the way his father had.

All thoughts were driven from Finnegan's mind when Cassandra moaned his name against his mouth and turned herself in his arms, straddling him with her long legs.

Finnegan felt her push herself up against his arousal and he tore his mouth from hers. They were both panting and Cassandra's cheeks were flushed quite nicely. "We need to be stoppin' this now, Little Cass, unless you're real sure and certain ya want to lose that innocence of yours here tonight. There won't be no stoppin' me once this goes any farther. I've longed to have you for far too long."

Cassandra's green eyes widened with surprise as she stared at him. "You have?" she whispered, a blush coloring her cheeks and spreading down her neck. She pulled off the spectacles he had stolen and sat them aside.

"Aye," Finnegan caressed her cheek gently. "I have."

Cassandra's tongue shot out across her bottom lip and Finnegan was about to lower his mouth back to hers when she wiggled on his lap, rubbing her groin against the hard ridge of his arousal. Finnegan's jaw locked and his one handed grip on the back of her head tightened.

"Finnegan?" Cassandra asked with a small frown as a crease formed in her brow.

"Yes?" Finnegan managed to hiss through clenched teeth.

"Why do you have two bulges?"

Finnegan wiggled his brows and smiled wickedly. "Double the pleasure for the pretty lasses."

Cassandra snorted and rolled her eyes. "Finnegan...."

"It's me knife, Little Cass," Finnegan assured her he nuzzled her long neck. "I keep a knife in the front of me trousers just in case. It's gotten me out of more than a few tight spots." He moved his lips to her ear. "Can we get back to the kissing then, Little Cass?"