2- Chat with Ozymandias

"Halt, Alfonso... She has potential for a subject" Before I could question why Mister Cruz wants to kill me, Ozymandias intercede. "She is just a human, is that not what you said earlier?"

The man shift his footing and his face became dark. "I suppose that is what I said"

"Ignore that old man, ____" Ozymandias's shoulders rise and fall. "What he meant is that special symbol on your hand is just a stamp for doing a good job! He wants to try something strange and new for his students"

I am not buying anything but a bit confuse to who I really believe in. Mister Cruz's gaze is on Ozymandias but the teacher do nit give any reaction.

"He is right, I beg your forgiveness for what I said earlier, I am bit old as you see and I can't help saying strange phrases" Mister Cruz look down. "Think of that symbol as a star like you see from the younger ones, you really did a good job in managing my grandson"

Ozymandias' lips lit a smile and put an arm over him. "That's right! ____ isn't it? From now on, you will be on my side and teach me your plebeian ways"

Before I can even open my mouth, Mister Cruz put away his arm and spoke "______, you may have your lunch with Ozymandias. I will write an excuse letter to your next teacher for another thirty minutes in your break time, I am happy for your time today and the credit I promised will be counted"

After getting my wallet from my bag and going to the door, I heard my teacher and Ozymandias having a talk. I caught the words "chance" "Grail" and "Master" as I close the door behind me.

Going downstairs, I saw my classmates falling in line but no person noticed me I am going on the wrong way. Our Science teacher greeted me with a smile and go back to watch my classmates.

I grab a seat on a chair in the cafeteria and look at the food I am eating. Boiled cabbage and potatoes and some rice which is a simple but delicious lunch I really like, noticing I am the only one in the room except for the staff I gobble my food and put the empty bowl and plate on the cafeteria sink.

"Hello, ____"

I craned my head from where the voice came from and saw a person in a black parka. It was no other than Ozymandias, the boy who almost got me into trouble.

He sat on the chair I sat earlier and smiled, his charm effecting even me.

"I am here to help you, young Master-" His voice trails off. "To our current pact"

Pact? Is this thing have to do with the symbol that Mister Cruz stamped on me?

Ozymandias must've read my mind and frown. "Are you not curious why I called you by the title of 'master'? I thought you are a smart one, ____"

I balled my fist which made my knuckles white. This is my only chance in asking him this question. Letting go with the plate I am holding on the sink, I walked besides him and showed him the red marking on my hand. "Why did you called my teacher by his first name? A true grandchild is not that disrespectful to his grandfather besides, I know that you two are up to something"

"By Horus' wounded eye, you are a sharp one!" He sigh in awe. "I was right in sparing you"

"Spare me? Spare me from killing me?" I mocked him. I am not that stupid to believe in whatever junk people try to persuade me.

"You are not still ready, young Master" The side on his lips tremble. "If I start watering the plant without any sun rays, I only waste such effort"

What he is trying to tell me? If there is some secret they hide from me, am I'm not ready to hear it?

"For now, yes I am not Alfonso's grandchild it is just a mask to trick you in believing we are related, in fact I am more in the high place than he is" Ozymandias said after he crossed his leg over his other. "He is a crazy old warlock, kill you? Ha! He wants to kill a pupil of his is not that sounds a bit silly to you?"

He made a point, maybe Mister Cruz just slipped his tongue. He knows what he is doing, he is a teacher in the end. But why would the pretend that they related? Who is Ozymandias really?

He slumped his shoulders on the headrest of the chair and look at my handstitched wallet. "I only known you as ____ with small temper, tell me more about yourself"

Small temper? I'll show him what small temper is-

"Nothing special about me, typical 10th grader, an NPC in the back of a classroom and not good in school" I don't know what I would tell him, my hobbies? My friends? My parents?

"Nothing special? But I felt you are one of Isis' incarnation, surely you have more to say, Alfonso would not choose you as-" His mouth quickly close as he realized he said something he was not supposed to.

"What is it? About Isis? Isn't she a goddess in... Greek Mythology?" I quickly catch his silent.

"It's nothing, I just remembered something" Ozymandias' gusto came back, his eyes almost glowing with radiance. "Since Alfonso would not choose some bystander to be a Master, remember this subject! You have some natural talent inside of you, how about it? You do have a home have you? How about I became an audience of your daily life?" 

According to my Ozymandias to English translation: "I want to live besides you!"

"That would be creepy, besides I only live in a dorm" I replied simply.

"Dorm?" Titling his head from side to side, Ozymandias' eyes became big.  "Is this where peasants live? What is it like there? Do they provide luxury?"

"Dorm is just a big house with many students living in, don't tell me you went to Philippines directly without any home to live"

This student is rich but his parents do not even take care their child. Speaking of this, Ozymandias do look like older than the rest of us. He is the tallest transfer in the 10th grade, if he will stay as one of Navotas School for Catholics. I look at the empty plate in the sink and back to Ozymandias, his eyes is full of curiosities and willingness to be guided in this school, oh God, why am I ending with someone I normally don't meddle with?

"I do have a humble home, Alfonso's is just full of rules that are unnecessary" He replied while scratching his head. "He prattles and prattles, protesting I should follow him"

"He is a grown-up, Ozymandias" I frown. "I don't know who is your parents is, but at least he gave you a place to live"

"I am older than him, ____" His smile suddenly became a frown. "He treats me like a brat, Alfonso is lower than any subject that served me and he dares to talk to me like he is one of the gods?"

subjects. gods. I mentally noted it

"Anyway, you are subtly indifferent than the old man... So his judgment this time is precise" 

Ozymandias' mouth closed and direct his gaze to the plates I recently replaced. I don't understand what he meant in those words, Ozymandias must've been in his twenties or something, this is a bit surprising since he is accepted in the 10th grade in that age.

His past is mysterious as his nature.