Chapter One.

It was a long night and after reading that message last night you couldn't really begin to comprehend the power behind an Executable that could open all Nodes within HacknetOS. An Exe with that sort of power could potentially open any Inviolable computers available. No...That cant be possible, can it? You decide to stay in whatever clothes were wearing to bed for today...it was a lazy sort of day and breaking into that Node might take a few hours.

You turn on your computer screen to see HacknetOS finished updating, curiously you take a look to see what was updated. Mostly new Language Packs and Memory Leaks. You take a moment to sign in and let HacknetOS to boot up, while it's booting up you take a moment to look for anything around the house to eat. Maybe a bagel with cream cheese or even some waffles someone forgot to eat. Nothing but cereal available. Skipping breakfast again until you get paid for some more work breaking into news outlets or "borrowing" text files from unsuspecting companies. That's all life is really, Breaking into nodes and stealing some stuff. You sit down in your comfy chair and reread the Jmail message Blank sent you last night.

You send a reply after taking a moment to read over the important bits which mostly consisted of "Node" and "Executable Breaks all Ports." An executable like this could be the most powerful thing to exist within HacknetOS...as well as the most Dangerous. If it could break into everything then nobody is safe. You were startled by the Jmail message notification. Blank got back to you.

"Blank-12:55pm"
Subject-Re:New Executable Node Found.

Glad you got back to me. I've been dealing with folks all night about this Node, But theres a problem. A lot of folks know about it and have created a rather...large ForumBoard to talk about it. If you want to work with these folks be my guest...but that might turn into something terrible should this Exe be found.

I'm going to give you a direct IP Address to this Node as well as a Backup Storage Node i use. Just grab any Exe's you don't have and get started. Reply back to me when you gain Admin Access to the Node or find anything in particular.

-Blank

L.Carroll PC - 26.18.653.2010
Backup Storage Node - 84.309.571.0000

You click on both Node's to add them to your Netmap and quickly Porthack the Backup Storage Node to grab a few exe's you couldn't get a hold of, Most noteably NetMap Organizer, SQLBufferOverflow, Signal Scramble, OPShell, and Comshell. You have the most common exe's already so there's no need to grab anything else from this Backup Storage Node. You drop a Shell here and in your own PC Node in case you run into a Proxy. 

You're all set up and the moment you connect to the new Node a timer goes off. You have less then a minute to break in and grabs anything noteworthy...luckily you grabbed Signal Scramble earlier so slowing the timer down a bit should help for a little while. 

OPEN PORTS

L.Carroll PC -26.18.653.2010

Open Ports Required For Crack: 9
Firewall Detected

Port#: 22 - SSHCrack
Port#:21 - FTP Server
Port#:25 - SMTP MailServer
Port#:80 - HTTP WebServer
Port#:1433 - SQL Server
Port#:554 - RTSP
Port#:6881 - BitTorrent
Port#:443 - HTTPS (SSL)
Port#:192 - Pacific Dedicated

All the Ports required to be opened, thankfully there wasnt a Proxy, but there was a Firewall stopping your progress and that Timer was not friendly. You took a moment to think of what you should do and decided my best course of action would be to disconnect, boot up TraceKill, reconnect, and figure out the firewall before tackling. 

Doing just that you take a few minutes figuring out the incredibly long password which turned out to be a random assortment of numbers and letters. A shame honestly, Firewalls that have actual words in them are much easier to decode...but some folks just don't have the time of day to create decent passwords for their firewalls. Finally you stare at the screen with your finger over the Enter key ready to Kill Tracekill and start this intense Port opening. First starting with the exe's that are small in size so you can run almost 4 at once. The timer beeps slowly, counting down from 100. Next the larger exe's but quick to kill due to their short opening time. The timer taunts you as you glance over and see it's already down to 50, It's quickly dawning on you that you might have to come back to this...but you keep going to see how far you can get with this.

Finally at nearly 25 seconds you watch Porthack open the node slowly, quickly typing in the command for Signal Scramble you watch the time slow down just a bit. Finally you have time to look around, First the Bin, but was empty, Logs only show you opening the ports, Sys doesn't have anything special to it, finally you go to Home and see a single Text file thusly named "White Rabbit.Txt" Why is it the only thing here? You copy it to your computer and give this node one last quick sweep. No EOSDevice detected, No MemoryDumps Generated, and no Nodes connected. 

You disconnect and send Blank a message about the File you found. It takes a moment but he finally gets back to you.

"Blank-1:15pm"
Subject-White Rabbit

Hmm. I did some digging around but the computer was thoroughly cleaned out...except that one text file. I'll provide as much help as i can, but this is all on you now. 

I'll invite you to my IRC Chat so we can chat more about this. The folks there are interested and will help out anyway they can. To be fair none of them could break into it, You're the only one right now. Well...besides the meatheads on those forums who cant figure out how to use the LS, CD, and CAT commands. Then again we're the only folks that were able to acquire HacknetOS before Entech had its butt handed to them on a silver platter. 

-Blank

Veterans IRC Channel - 8.132.015.000

You join the IRC channel and get verified by the Whitelist fairly quickly. The IRC chat was fairly normal until you saw some of the folks their talking about something weird with Walls and such. You didn't bother to read everything but instead returned to your computer to read the White Rabbit text file you got earlier. The Text file simply reads.

127.183.21.898

Will you Follow the Rabbit and Join us for Tea Time?
Dive into the Rabbit Hole and if you reach the end you will find what you seek.

You read over this message carefully for any clues but find none, but you take the moment  to stretch your fingers and add this new Node to your NetMap. Time to dive into the Rabbit Hole.

End of Chapter One.