“Where could one find this gold?” The voice spoke up again.

The Lonely Mountains!” I spat. I turned my head to the side to see if I could find the person that was talking to me, but all I found were two humongous yellow eyes, the eyes made for… a dragon.

I followed his body along realizing that the rock I was leaning up against was really not a rock. The dragon was huge. Though it did not phase me, because it was just another stupid creature to add to the long list of ones I already despise. I wondered if my boomerangs would be sharp enough to cut his scales, if he got on my nerves...Well, until then I should be pleasant. At least as pleasant as I could be.

“Name’s Reinya, what about yourself?”

“Smaug the stupendous.” He replied.

“Fancy name,” I commented under my breath before continuing my rant. “I would congratulate the first person to remove those greedy dwarves from their homeland, maybe then they will learn some respect for others!” I had enough with these stupid dwarves, I don’t care how many times I have to say it, but they are GREEDY, STUPID, LITTLE, literally they’re short, CREATURES!!!!!!!

“You think some could take the mountain for themselves, and keep all the gold?” He asked.

“Easily, I would even do it myself if I was allowed to, but unfortunately love ties the tightest knots.”

“Interesting,” He commented to himself before ruffling his wings around. “I would step back if I were you.”

I did as he said, though I did not really take notice of what he was doing until he flew away. It only took a minute for, Well… there goes my comfy backrest. And I was just starting to like him too.

Letting a heavy sigh leave my lips, I debated just sitting and waiting for my Prince to come back, or go get off my lazy pregnant butt and find him, and tell him I may or may not have just set imminent doom on the dwarves, and I contemplating caring. Someone ought to hate me for sending a dragon their way.

I stood up.

“Reinya, you look sheepish. Is everything alright?” Gorell asked, looking confused.

“I might or might not of just sent a dragon to the Lonely Mountain in search of dwarven gold...” I admitted, and tried to pull it off like a joke, but the look in Gorell’s eyes told me he knew I spoke the truth.

“W-What? Reinya! How foolish can you be? I know you are pregnant, but that is no excuse for stupid decisions! The dwarves already hate elves, don’t give them another reason!” Gorell burst, and for a moment, I felt scared.

“I’m sorry!” I cried, “I thought I was talking to myself, and then the dragon started talking. Let’s...Let’s just not tell anyone, okay? It’ll be alright if everyone thought it was the dragon who found the mountain by himself, won’t it? We will pretend I never met or talked to Smaug.”

“You asked his name?”

I nodded, and stood my ground. “Yes, after I told him mine. It’s not like I had much of a choice, be nice or become fried elf for Smaug’s dinner.” I excused myself, and Gorell’s face collapsed.

“Just...think before you talk next time, alright?” He asked wearily.

~~~ Elemmire’s POV

I sat in the chair with my head drooped low, there was no point in looking strong any more, I was too weak to even try. Part of me wished I knew how long I had been locked up by Ravaonna, but again in the end it did not matter.

Soon I heard a footsteps coming down the hall, I knew it was Ravaonna by the way she walked. Then I saw the door swing open and there stood she stood. “Hello, Lady Elemmire,” She smiled deviously.

“What do you want this time?” I spat.

“Oh, I just came up with a little deal.” Ravaonna paused for a second to let her words sink in, I knew it was nothing good. “I have a way to make me happy and you happy at the sametime!”

“That’s not possible,” I spoke under my breath as Ravaonna walked closer to me.

“But I think it is, see I have a plan. You give this little vial of liquid to your love, and I promise you that Gorell and Reinya will come to no harm by my hands-.”

“If you think I am going to poison Legolas, then you are insane,” I shook my head in protest. I wanted Reinya and Gorell to be safe, but I could not kill my own love to make that happened.

Ravaonna started to laugh mercifully, “You don’t understand, Legolas is going to walk away from this unsathed, don’t you understand, he’s mine. I only want you to suffer!”

Without giving me another word, Ravaonna ripped off my chains and dragged me to where Legolas was being kept. I had no idea whether I should do as she asked me, or if I should defy against her will. I guess would have to choose on the spur of the moment.

~~~

It did not take us too long to reach Legolas’s cell, but my body did ache from all those stairs we descended. There was no hesitation in Ravaonna’s actions as she forced the vial into my hands and shoved me into the door.

“Look at your pathetic prince, he is almost crying over you,” I peered into the small window at the door. Physically Legolas looked healthy, but emotionally, I knew he was in no good shape.

It broke my heart to see him like that.

“Now, you do as I tell you and none of your friends will get hurt, understand me?” I nodded my head in reply to Ravaonna’s command.   

Next thing I knew she swung the cell door wide open and pushed me inside. I fell to my knees the second the cell was shut behind me. Slowly Legolas’s face looked up to see me kneeling in front of him.  

“Elemmire!” His whole face lightened up. I badly wanted for him to wrap his arms around me and hold me tight until all of this madness was over, but I knew I had to do the right thing.

“Legolas listen to me,” I looked him directly in the eyes, “You have to promise me that you are going to be strong, and that whatever happens you are not going to give up.”

He face turned from contentment to confusion in seconds, “I-I don’t-.”

“Promise me,” My voice was stern, it was too much for me to bear looking into his eyes knowing that I was about to cause suffering to the both of us. “I have no idea what is in this vial, but you have to promise me you will stay strong.”

“I-I promise,” Legolas nodded his head, but I still could see the slight confusion in his eyes.

I sighed and lifted the vial up, my hands shook as I did my best to stay strong as well. “I love you,” was my last comment before I swallowed the entire content down my throat.  

Another chapter is up :) Now that spring break is over and school is staring up again, it was be very hard for be to update every week, though I promise that I will do my best!!! 

I dedicated this chapter to @ajjacobi because she asked me if she could use Elemmire and Reinya in her Legolas Fanfiction and I said yes!!! It's called Forbidden Love (the sequel to Love Interrupted). And I think she did an AMAZING job, so you MUST go check her out :) 

Please don't forget to vote, fan, comment your thoughts, etc.... 

Kt_love and YouCantHandle

AJJACOBI