Devil in the Desert

Requested by @bellakitty2003

This is what I think happened to Lucifer and why he is suddenly where he is. Sorry it's on the short side.

Spoiler Warning: if you haven't finished season two, don't read!

—————————————————————

The heat was harsh.

Lucifer had always been used to high temperatures in his lifetime from being the king of hell, but it didn't change the fact that heat was heat, and it was intense. Without a shirt on to protect his exposed chest, it only made the journey worse.

He had awakened with a pair of gleaming white wings on his back. Lucifer could flex and bend them if he pleased, but couldn't use them to fly. He had already tried and failed in an attempt to do so. These aren't my wings then, the devil thought. I burned my wings myself, but this just proves that these aren't mine. An angel can use only their own wings to fly.

"L.A..." Lucifer mumbled every few minutes as if to remind himself where he was going. He was walking East, his instincts telling him he was on the right track. The only thing he could trust at the moment were those gut feelings of his.

As the sun grew hotter overhead, Lucifer began wondering who might've done this to him. It must've been someone powerful enough to have a source to angel wings, and clever enough to take him by surprise. He doubted Amenadiel or Mazikeen would've pulled this off. Amenadiel may curse Lucifer at times, but they were brothers after all, and close for the matter. Mazikeen was his loyal demon and would only sought to protect him.

Lucifer paused, a look of realization on his face. He slapped himself on the forehead as an idea dawned on him. The last thing he had said was that he was going to tell Chloe the truth about who he was. Does that mean someone didn't want Chloe to know about me being the devil? He pondered on that thought for a while, the only sound that could be heard around him was the crunch of his feet hitting dry soil.

The only people he could think of that wouldn't want Chloe knowing his true identity were either A: himself, or B: his dad. God put Chloe in Lucifer's path for a reason, but if her knowing the truth complicates things, who knows what would happen? She might freak out and never talk to him again. I certainly hope that won't be the case, he sighed.

Of course, Lucifer was worried of her reaction. He knew Chloe would end up denying everything he said and in turn, he would have to show her his true form. That's when everything would sink into her brain that her partner was literally Satan. Hopefully Chloe could handle it.

If God didn't want Chloe to know about Lucifer, then it would make sense He might've sent an angel to stop the truth from being exposed. Dad must've heard all the gossip about Mum leaving and Amenadiel suddenly being able to slow time. He was probably getting worried, that's why he could've sent another one of his soldiers down to earth to stall me. But that doesn't explain why I have a brand new pair of wings on my back!

As confusing as this all was, Lucifer just needed a clear head to understand it. He was going to go home to Lux, find the detective, tell her the truth, and then figure out the situation involving his wings later. Too bad whiskey didn't grow in the desert because he badly needed some to drown out his problems.

This was going to be one long walk home.

—————————————————————

Feel free to share your ideas of what you think will happen in season three and why Lucifer suddenly has his wings. I'd love to hear them!

As always, don't be shy if you want me to try writing something!
-Kenzie