II

Amelia

    "Correct me if I'm wrong, Miss Carce, but it seems that you are implying that it is not a pleasure to make my acquaintance." Ryker's grayish purple eyes pierced my fake brown eyes which were achieved through the use of colored contact lens.

   His appearance almost made me question every decision I had made prior to showing up at his mansion. A strong chiseled jawline, dirty blonde hair with fierce eyes that held a hint of mischievousness. Truly, he must be every shewolf's dream mate.

   "Forgive me, I just didn't expect the sole Alpha of Lelling to turn out to be nothing but an immature, merciless murderer," I replied, using the sweetest smile I could muster up.

   His parents along with Aria stood to the side dumbfounded at my lack of respect towards him.

   In the blink of an eye, Ryker stood before me, latched onto my arm and yanked me towards him, close enough for me to feel the heat radiating off of his body.

    Leaning into the right side of my head, he whispered in a low, menacing voice, "I would watch what you let slip through those sweet lips of yours, Miss Carce. Wouldn't want to land yourself in trouble, right? Especially not with your little bundle of joy on the way." Shivering, I jerked myself out of his hold while nodding towards his silent threat.

    "Of course, my apologies. My hormones seem to be out of place." I defended with a flushed face, still not recovering from the close proximity our bodies were in just moments ago.

    Luckily I chose to wear long sleeves. If he made skin to skin contact with me, then he would have found out that I'm his mate.

    "And, indeed I am the murderer of those bodies that you just saw beforehand. However, each of them were flawed and only brought pain upon their families. Drugs, gambling, assault you name it. Their mates and pups would thank me." Ryker stated, searching my face for any reaction.

    "Woah. Did Ryky just try to justify his actions, mom?" Aria whispered, looking between her brother and I.

    "Nonsense. I was not justifying anything, besides who cares what this woman thinks?" He hissed out, shooting a venomous look at me.

   "Quite frankly, whether those men were good or bad does not matter. Even pups are aware that if one mate dies then their significant other will also feel a fraction of that pain. Whether you admit it or not; You. Are. A. Murderer. Alpha Ryker Hill." I emphasized, looking away from his face. My eyes briefly met with those of his mom who shook her head with a panicked expression as if to warn me to stop speaking.

    Before Ryker could potentially send me six feet underneath the ground, two men strode through the doors while arguing with each other. One was a redhead, wearing a sleek black tuxedo and the other was a blonde in a navy blue blazer and black jeans.

    "Shut the fuck up, Joey. I'm the one who did all the work so I'm the one who's going to tell Ryker," the redhead stated with an exhausting sigh.

    "Yeah asshole but I'm the one who got her talking with my irresistible charms." Joey countered with a smirk.

   "Joey, Cameron. Language," Ryker's mom warned. They both mumbled a 'sorry' and Cameron continued, directing his mellow voice towards Ryker.

   "I think we found her. We tracked down the passengers who were sitting in close proximity to Aria and your mate on the plane. A woman in her early thirties who sat in front of them on the plane said that when she was taking a selfie, she accidentally caught the both of them in the background because of the small gap between the seats." He stated, making my blood run cold before I remembered that I am in a cleverly devised disguise and I used a whole can of scent masking spray. They wouldn't be able to distinguish between the woman I am pretending to be right now from my true self.