ten - dance moves

noel

Carl walked me home and made sure I got there safe and sound. It was a little awkward having Nick around at first, but I got used to it.

"Thanks for walking me home," I said as we reached my house.

"No problem. Can't have my girl walking these streets alone can I," he stated more than asked.

"Yeah, well, I'll see you tmr," I said and started walking up my front porch but he pulled me back.

"You really think you can walk away without saying a proper goodbye," he smirked. I set the bag of pies down and walked back to him and pressed my lips against his. He kissed back right away, snaking his arms aroud my waist. Not long after I felt his tongue slide across my bottom lip, catching me off guard at first. But then I let him in as I wrapped my arms around his neck. The kiss got deeper and deeper and I finally decided to pull away.

"Damn what you end it for? We had something good going on," he said with a bite of his lip.

"I didn't want to have a full on make out session in front of Nick and the rest of the neighborhood. I'd rather do it in private," I told him, trying to hide my smile.

"Ight, maybe we can finish it this weekend," he suggested.

"Sure, actually my mom and dad are going out of town tomorrow and they won't be back until Tuesday. You could come over and we could hang," I told him. A huge smile began to grow on his face and I knew exactly what he was thinking. "But, don't get any ideas. We're just hanging out. Nothing more than that."

"As long as I'm with my girl," he winked. I let my arms fall and he let go of my waist. "I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Don't be late or I'll walk without you," I said. He sent me one last smirk before walking across the street to his house.

•••

"Noel," my dad shook me awake. "We're leaving."

"What time is it," I asked him, rubbing my eyes.

"5:30 in the morning," he chuckled. "We just wanted to say goodbye before we left."

"Jesus, okay," I sat up, trying to adjust to the light.

"I'll see you on Tuesday, okay," he said. "Be good."

"I will," I said. My mom leaned in afterwards and gave me a great, big hug.

"I love you, sweetie. Don't do anything I would do," she said.

"I love you too and I won't, trust me," I laughed.

"Alright, we gotta go. Love you, El," my dad said as my mom pulled away and walked next to my dad.

"Love you too. Have fun," I said, crawling back under the sheets and falling back to sleep as they turned my lights back off and closed the door.

•••

After my parents woke me up, I had a hard time going back to sleep. And once I did, I felt like I only got like five minutes of sleep before my alarm went off. I got up and turned on Google Play Music. I always love to listen to The Weeknd's radio. The first song that played was Earned It by The Weeknd. I connected my phone to my bluetooth and blared the music as I got ready for the day.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, put on a bit of mascara, and then got dressed. I decided to wear a pair of grey leggings along with my favorite Justin Bieber t-shirt.

As Earned It ended, Don't Tell 'Em by Jeremih came on (a/n: i'm trying to pick older songs because this is taking place in season 6) I began to dance along to the song as I put my hair up in a bun. I jumped around and did some dance moves that weren't very attractive.

"Boo," I heard someone yell, scaring the shit out of me. I spun around and saw Carl standing by my doorway, laughing his ass off. "Gotcha."

"Very fucking funny, asshole," I said, feeling a little embarrassed that he saw me dancing. I unconnected my phone from my bluetooth and turned the music off.

"Nice dance moves," he laughed, causing my cheeks to turn a light shade of red.

"Shut up, fucktard," I glared at him as I sped walked out of my room, making sure I bumped his shoulder as I left. I headed downstairs to put my shoes on.

"Hey, what's with you," Carl asked following me down the stairs.

"Nothing," I sighed. I walked into the kitchen to grab and quick snack after I finished sliding my vans on.

"Look, I was just messing around with you. I thought your dance moves were pretty hot," he said. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not. I just rolled my eyes as I grabbed an apple out of the fridge and headed to the front door. "Hey," he called running to catch up with me.

"What," I huffed as I turned to face him. He gently pressed his lips to mine.

"I love you," he sweetly said after pulling away. I just stared at him for a moment until he moved his hands to my waist. "I love you," he said a little louder. He kissed my cheek and then rested his head on my shoulder. I couldn't help but smile.

"I love you too," I finally said. "Now, can we get to school."

"Yup," he smirked, popping the 'p'.

•••

Once Carl, Nick, and I got to biology, the bell rang, telling us that class was starting. So, I took my seat next to Dominique and Carl took his seat next to Nick. Once we sat down I felt her looking in my direction. I looked over at her and noticed she wasn't looking at me, she was looking at Carl. I just ignored her as the teacher began blabbering on about whatever we are going to be learning today.

Class didn't have go by quick enough. When the bell rang, Dom was the first one to get out of her seat and she quickly made her was to Carl's desk.

"Hey, Carl," she greeted, twirling her hair in the process.

"Uh, hi," he said with a confused look.

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later? I heard you were into music and there's this really cool new sing-" Carl cut her off before she could continue what she was about to say.

"No thanks. I'm hanging out with El," he said as he threw his bookbag over his shoulder. "Ready to go babe," his attention turned to me.

"Yeah," I smiled as I got up and started making my way to his desk.

"Oh-Oh, okay. So, maybe next weekend," Dom called out to Carl as we were walking out of class.

"I don't think so," he didn't look back as he said those last few words. He threw his arm around my shoulder and planted a soft kiss on my cheek as we walked out of class.

-

a/n: school sucks 🙄