I start slowly making my way up to the house, my eyes half closed as I drag my feet up the steps, cold and tired is not a good combination....

“Night Lexi!” I hear Noah shout out obnoxiously from back at the car as he heads off in the direction to his house....next door....

I grumble under my breath at him, but don’t bother with a verbal response...pretending I didn’t hear him and I slouch through the front door, only the hallway light and a single light in the kitchen is on and I can hear someone in there....

Too tired to care who it is, I pull myself up the stairs, grabbing the rail, groaning in annoyance as I see the mountain of stairs I have to climb...

I hear a chuckle behind me “Come on Lex...” Blake’s voice comes from beside me and then I feel his hand grab mine and basically pull me up the stairs, faster than I would be if he didn’t...

I mumble tiredly as we reach the top and I wobble slightly on my feet bumping into Blake’s side as turn in the direction of my room, and I hear him lightly chuckle....

Knowing that I really should shower before sleeping, as one I’m cold and two I’ve got dried sea salt all over my skin and hair....but...I really can’t be bothered...I’m too tired and I’m afraid I might fall asleep while showering....

Blake leads my half sleeping self to my room, opening the door and pulling me into my dark room towards my bed....

I feel his arm wrap around my shoulders in a short hug “Night Lex...”He whispers placing a soft kiss to my temple before pulling away....

I mumble a response, my tired brain not able to process words and I hear his footsteps walking away...

I pull my...or rather Seth’s shirt over my head dropping it carelessly on the floor, and slip out of my shorts that I swear are still damp....

Not caring that I’ll be sleeping in my underwear...it’s not something I usually do...but all I want now is sleep...so that’s exactly what I do...

I climb under the bed sheets, hitting something in the dark on my bedside as I do, so blindly reach down on the floor to grab a rectangular shape.....

Pulling it back up, my fingers run over the familiar feel of the photo frame, I don’t need lights to see what picture this is...I have it engraved in my brain, I know it back to front....

The photo of me, Seth and him 2 years ago.....

Placing the frame back, I lay down on the bed, my head sinking into the soft pillow and I snuggle under relieving my cold body with warmth...and within seconds...I drift into a deep sleep...

~~~~~~

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Evan screams into my ear grinning...

I scowl at him and shove his chest away lightly....and hold back a smile as it seems to actually unsettle his balance....

“WHOOA! You’re actually a teenager now! HAHA congrats!” Evan continues to shout out laughing, as my twin joins me by my side, as we make our way into the kitchen, Evan sneaking ahead smirking and grinning...

Entering the kitchen, we are greeted with shouts and cheers, the room decorated and a banner hanging on the wall spelling out ‘HAPPY 13th LEXI AND SETH!’ In bold colours....and a pile of presents on the table...

I hold back a smile, only smiling lightly as my huge family are celebrating...

Looking around the room of smiling faces....my eyes land on one...that causes my smile to appear on my face and I run over to them...