Logan didn’t comment as Heath came out of the bedroom, fully dressed. “Where’s Julia?” he asked.

Heath answered. “She decided to let me be alone when I came back. She’s walking around the hotel as of the moment.”

“Heath. Did something happen between you and Claire?” Ava asked, getting straight to the point. She wasn’t one to ignore problems or give people time to cope.

When Logan’s wife asked that question though, Heath twitched from the sound of Claire’s name. But he didn’t look at her as he said, “Let’s go to the hospital.”

Ava was shocked from his reply. “Tell me what happened. I thought you two were dating?”

“How did you know?” he said with utter shock. When Ava told him that Claire had told Logan and he had told her, Heath looked at his father with wide eyes before slowly looking away. “I didn’t know.”

“It’s fine. Now you do.” Ava quickly waved that off. “Just tell me what happened between you and her.”

“She…” Heath paused for a second before continuing. “We decided to break up.”

Immediately, Ava whipped her head around and glared straight at Logan. He knew she blamed him, and she might’ve be partially correct.

“Why?” Logan asked his son calmly.

“It just wasn’t working out.” He answered. “And she doesn’t like long-distance relationships. It makes her…uneasy.”

“But you were just going to stay there for a month. Didn’t you tell her that?” Ava quickly said. “Why didn’t you reassure her?”

“I did, but she still didn’t want to do it. She said she…” A crease formed in between Heath’s eyebrows and his eye twitched. Ava and Logan waited for him to continue, but he looked as if he didn’t want to.

“And what?” Ava urged him to continue. “What did she say?”

“She said…” His jaw clenched. “She said she didn’t like men who were too…clingy.”

Logan sighed to himself. Heath must’ve been too direct with Claire. She always brushed off men who tried to pick her up when Logan still worked in Bishop Lodgings. Claire was an independent woman who didn’t like men when they interfered with her life. She dismissed those types quickly.

Heath must’ve reacted too strongly to the photos that Julia sent to him. His jealousy probably annoyed Claire rather than reassure her that he truly cared for her. Logan remembered an event when she had just gotten hired.

Claire had a boyfriend at that time, but her boyfriend was jealous of the environment she was surrounded in. Logan could recall overhearing her phone call with her boyfriend. Apparently, he was jealous of the head chef in Bishop Lodgings since he noticed that Claire and Chad had gotten friendly.