The Ache

"But I can't" I say not meeting his eyes. "Can't what?" Louis says. "I can't be with you" I say looking up. My eyes begin to water. "I thought you wanted this" Louis says backing away from me. "I do want this I truly do. It's just not the right thing for me right now" I saying choking on my words. "I'm sorry" I say a tear managing to fall down my cheek. "Maybe you should go" Louis says as his jaw clenches. "Yeah" I breathe. I look up at Louis and turn around the exit the room. I clench my jaw to try to keep the tears from falling.

I rush down the stairs. My vision is blurry and I can't think about anything but how bad I feel. I keep walking forward until I feel someone crash into me. It's Lili and she's obviously wasted. I didn't think I was in Louis's room for long so either she consumed a lot of alcohol or she's a super lightweight. I catch her before she falls and she stares at me for a little. "Heyyy you're that band boy" she slurs and giggles in my embrace. "Yes Lilli that's me" I say slowly. "Hey how do you know my name" she says as her eyes widen. "Well first you have your name tag on" I chuckle as I hint towards her tag. "Also you're the reason I''m here"  I add on. She squints at me for a little bit and sighs. "Oh yeah" she smacks my cheek lightly and shakes out of my embrace. "Have you been drinking?" she turned and pointed to me. "Me? No." I say firmly. "Good cause I am wasted as fuck" she laughs and pushes her way to the crowd. I sat on the couch for about an hour until I couldn't breathe anymore.

I rushed outside to see two people in the yard fighting. I walk closer to them to identify who they are.