The Man's Turn To POV

Ryder

Ryder

I want her. I never stopped wanting her and now that I have her back, there was no letting go.

Yeah, I cried. Fucking sobbed my feelings. You could tease me, but do it in my face so I could see how many teeth you'd be left with when I land my fist in your mug. Never mind the business of a crying man.

She was sleep-talking last night, murmuring my name over and over. I wonder if she had a good dream or a nightmare about me. She moved a lot during her slumber, that the towel wrapped around her body came loose and revealed the body I missed so much—I never got any sleep after that. The tempting desire to wake her and make love to her was ever present, but the longing to touch her face, lips, and cheeks were stronger. I dropped feathered touches on her cute nose, her plump, pink lips, her brows, eyelashes, and pretty much everything on her face, seeming to familiarize her softness against my touch again.

I knew it would be hard for her to believe everything I told her last night, but she would. Eventually.

As for the thing about Perez's death, I would take care of it. He wasn't the last of the list—there were more. Alastair's organization spread wider and farther than we expected, she had connections to powerful people to cover up her tracks and Perez's demise meant nothing to her as he was just one of her many pawns.

I didn't tell her the whole truth, afraid that she might take it negatively, but I would tell her. In time.

Now that I think of it, Nara seemed to know a few moves, they were slow but it looked like she was trained by a pro. The gun, the com, and her trying to leave every time I left her to herself, what is she hiding?

Could she be really working as a hit man? Who was she with, does she have companions?

One way to find out, ask her.

For now I would savor my wife finally being here with me again.

I lifted my head to look at her. Took her all in again. Her long, thick-as-soot eyelashes, her expressive eyes, her nose, those heart-shaped lips that I could kiss all day long—no, forever.

Her left hand lifted to touch my face and I noticed that she was still wearing her wedding band, my heart soared.

She still loved me.

"Ryder?" Her soft voice filled the room.

I didn't say anything, just lowered my face to kiss her. But she turned her face to the side, so my lips landed on her cheek.

"No." The single word that got me all confused.

Why the hell not? I lifted my face to look down at her again. I could already feel my face crumpling into a frown.

"We can't, Ryder."

Again. Why the fucking hell not?

"I need space. Like a big one—kilometers of space."