26

------

"Hey Mia." Jungkook asked through the phone when you picked up. "Do you have time to have dinner tonight?"

"Sounds nice." You replied. "Shall Taehyung and I-"

"Not Taehyung, just you." Jungkook cut you off to your surprise.

"Just the two of us?" You asked in bewilderment.

"Why?" He asked, a bit disappointed by your reaction. "You don't want to have dinner with your best friend?" He asked in a teasing tone.

"No, it's not that. I'll have dinner with you, just like old times right?" You chuckled.

"Alright. I'll text you the address, see you at 7pm." He said before hanging up.

Jungkook's pov

I need to test if I still have the slightest feelings for Mia. Especially after what happened earlier today.

-flashback-

"I want to break up with you." I said to Yuri.

"Why?" She asked furrowing her brows.

"I don't see us together anymore. We don't want the same things." I explained.

"No you are the one that wants something different." Yuri exclaimed. "..is it Mia?"

"What?" I asked in surprise. "W-why are you suddenly bringing her up?"

"So I'm right." She said looking down. "You didn't deny it."

"It's not like that I-"

"You what? Like her?" She scoffed.

"Yes." I blurred out just too quickly.

Tears rolled over her cheeks by my answer.

"N-no don't cry, it came out wrong. She's the first ever girl that made my heart beat faster and made me smile for no reason. She was my first love and has a special place in my heart but that doesn't mean-"

"It does!" She cried. "Can't you see. You still like her and you're neglecting me. What am I to you? What have I meant to you?" She asked as I was lost of words.

"You know what." She said wiping her tears. "You don't break up with me. I'm breaking up with you."she said before grabbing her bag.

"I'm picking up my things tomorrow." Yuri said before leaving and for some reason I didn't feel like stopping her or going after her.

End of pov

"Hey Tae I'm going to have dinner with Jungkook later. You're okay with that right?" You asked your husband for permission.

"It's fine." He smiled. "It's just Jungkook so I fully trust you guys."

"Thanks I love you." You said pecking his cheek before you left.

"Over here!" Jungkook waved as you arrived at the restaurant. "Sit down, I've already ordered a drink for you."

"Thanks." You said taking a seat. "Why did you want to have dinner with me so suddenly?"

"Ah it's nothing I just wanted to spend some time with you." He said shyly as you laughed at his behavior.

"Just that?" You asked still laughing as he seemed in a trance of your laughter.

"Why does she still look so beautiful?" Jungkook thought. "No stop it Jeon Jungkook, get your mind straight!" He scolded himself internally.

"Something wrong?" You asked as you saw him frowning.

"Ehm it's nothing." He said quickly putting up a smile. "I was just thinking."

"Thinking about what?" You asked curiously as he looked at you with big surprised eyes.

"Jeon Jungkook." You sang as you waved in front of his eyes. His eyes blinked a few times as he looked away thinking deeply.

"Mia?" He asked meeting your eyes again as you hummed in reply.

"Can I test something?" He asked as he stood up and walked over to you.

"Uhm yeah sure wh-" Before you could finish your sentence Jungkook pulled you up and cupped your face before placing his lips onto yours.

His heart started to beat faster as he kissed you. He was flooded with euphoria. He was now sure that he still loved you.

You pushed him off you and slapped his cheek. The slap was loud and stung his face. It had been an open handed smack and it had left a red
mark.

Jungkook staggered backwards, clutching his face, eyes watering.

"How could you do this Jungkook?" You asked as your voice hitched.