His Dreams of Hell

Dean laid down in the motel bed getting ready to his couple hours of sleep. Dean felt his heart sting as his mind was filled with thoughts of John, his beloved father. Even when Dean's dad was gone he still wanted to do right by him. He would do anything for Sammy and if he had to back in the pit to protect him, he would.

He let his mind go blank as his body relaxed and went limp. Dean closed his eyes slowly trying to not to think. His leather jacket laid across his torso keeping him warm. Dean slowly drifted into a deep sleep.

Dean's breath was heavy as he slept but he twitched at his dream. Dean was cursed with nightmares of the things he had done and the things done to him. The pain of being carved into. The pain of ripped apart. The screaming for Sam. The screaming for the help that might never come. Dean was filled with terror as he was asleep.

Cas sat on the edge of the bed softly and quietly careful not to disturb Dean in his slumber. He looked at Dean with soft eyes and his chested tightened. Cas looked out the window confused at this unknown feeling. Cas knew of the nightmares that plagued Dean. The fear and hurt Dean felt of his time in hell. Cas knew not to let Dean know that he had knowledge of Dean's dreams but hoped he would admit his nightmares to his younger brother, Sam.

Dean opened his eyes wide and inhaled deeply. His eyes filled with terror and at the same time relief. His nightmares came and reminded him of the horrors. He looked ahead of him at the table next to his queen-sized bed.

Cas spoke to Dean plainly, "Hello, Dean."

His green eyes widened with confusion and fear turning quickly to the sight of Cas siting on the bed. Cas slowly turned to him. His blue eyes stared at Dean's masculine face that was covered with barely visible freakles.

"What were you dreaming about," Cas questioned.

Cas had a habit of showing up out of nowhere and scaring him. Dean looked away sighing. Pulling his arm out from under his jacket roughly as thoughts raced threw Dean's mind wondering why Cas was there.

Dean looked back at Cas as he sat up slightly asking, "Do you get your freak on by watching other people sleep?"

Cas looked away with worried eyes and felt the tightness return to his chest. Cas had the brightest blue eyes that Dean had ever seen. Cas's eyes always held confusion and worry. Castiel always followed his orders, even when he was unsure of the reasons why they were given to him.

Dean sighed quickly and asked, "What do you want?"

"Listen to me," Cas looked back to Dean with urgency filling his stark blue eyes, "You have to stop it."

Dean tilted his head slightly and was filled with confusion asking, "Stop what?"

Castiel reached out lightly touching Dean's forehead. Dean's green eyes fluttered closed. His body fell back onto the bed with a dull thump. Dean's body slightly bounced slightly due to the sudden pressure against the springs inside the matress. Cas looked at Dean as he laid in a deep sleep.