1 || abortion ✿

[mai: this rant isn't directly related to black people, it's targeted more so for women

[mai: this rant isn't directly related to black people, it's targeted more so for women. i'm black and i'm a woman— i have a lot to be mad about.]

this rant isn't intended to offend anyone's religious beliefs at all. if you don't agree with pro-choice, you won't like this rant. if you're not gonna like this rant, don't put yourself into an anger-induced, hate-filled rampage by reading this. if you came here to spew offensive terms opposed to actually wanting to debate, leave.

i'll respect your opinion as long as you respect mine. ...okay? okay. if your comment contains insults instead of an argument, it will be deleted.

i believe in pro-choice. i believe that women should be able to abort a child if they can't support it or they aren't mentally fit to raise one. of course, adoption is an option, but if a woman doesn't want to birth a baby, don't force her to.

my whole thing is, keep the church out of the state. you can believe in what you want as long as your belief doesn't terrorize young women that have the right to abortion. you may say that abortion is a sin, but isn't treating others badly too? aren't you supposed to treat everyone with the respect that you'd want to be returned to you?

so, i'll state why i believe that abortion is a fundamental right—besides the fact that the US Supreme Court deemed it one in the 70's after the Roe v. Wade Case.

when in the womb, the fetus isn't even considered a human. abortion kills a embryo or fetus, not a baby.

after the first and second trimester, getting an abortion is less possible and banned in some states in America, considering the fact that it's a time when some babies can live on their own without their mother's help. that's when they're considered an actual human.

even if you do ban abortion across all states, that won't stop women from getting abortions. they can undertake illegal abortions which harms them and the child. and trust me, women might actually do this if they don't want to give birth.

another argument is that abortion reduces welfare costs. meaning, if you pay taxes, you won't have to pay more because abortions reduce the amount of children to a household that need money for support.

which brings me to my final point: if you aren't paying for the hundreds to thousands of dollars for the procedure, stay out of their wombs.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

again, this mini rant wasn't made with the intention of offending anyone's religious beliefs. rude comments will be deleted if they contain insults instead of an argument and fact.

—mai ✿