Day 5

Monday; Late in the Afternoon; 3:36 pm

~Sunny's POV~

I wake up, sticky, and draped in my sweat. God, I need to take a motherfudging shower; I feel filthy. I sit up and a headache invades my thoughts; so, I just lie my head back down. I still don't feel so well. Today's school and my project is due for homework. My teacher is gonna kill me and blame it on the school's slippery floors. I hate her, her name is Ms. McKenzy and she always acts like she has something shoved up her ass. She really needs to take it out; I bet you anything her tampon got stuck up there; that dirty lady. EWWWW.

Shizzz! Why am I thinking of school; I forgot all about my job, today is my shift. I can't skip work; I already used up all my days off per a month. The pain takes over my body and I can't help it; I moan in agony. I turn my head to find Johnny's sleeping face and in his hands is a wet towel, from the looks of it, that towel slid off my forehead with his hand. I catch my breath, I stare at his angelic sleeping face. I'm sorry Johnny for being sick. I'm thankful that he stayed by my side all night; the last thing I remembered was he placed me in the passenger seat of the car and told me to sleep. He really does care for me.

I get up silently, and, suprisingly, succesfully. I fetch a blanket and place it around him, while being gentle and careful not to wake him. I enter the walls of my granite bathroom and strip down. My clothes are disgusting and, to the touch, they are kinda stiff. I throw them on the floor and enter the tub, adjust the water's temp, and just stand there looking up into the source of the water. The water washes over my body and seems to cleanse me of all my worries, my sickness, and my pain. I feel at peace.

I hear the door open, Johnny doesn't enter; instead, he talks through the crack in the door, thank God. "Hey, Sunny are you okay in there? I just wanted to make sure and to see if you could possibly need something. Do you?" He said those words so filled up with worry. I wish he could be beside me; but I don't say that. "It's okay, I don't need anything... and hey Johnny?... thanxx for taking care of me." I start to blush. I wait for him to say something, but, the only reply I get is, silence. I don't hear him and the volume of the shower going down, gets higher.

I suddenly see a silohette outside the opaque, glass, sliding doors of the shower. I know it's Johnny. My breathing stops, I see his hand move towards the handle of the door and watch. It gets closer to the brass handle, but the shadowed hand stops and seems to hesitate. It slowly retreats and soon the silohette is gone, after I hear the faint click of the door closing. I'm paralyzed, Oh Jesus, I forgot to breath! I breath and start gasping for air.

My peace is interrupted with all these quesitons: Why didn't he open it? Did he want to open it? These questions haunt me, even after I'm out of the  shower. I look at my reflection in the mirror, disgustingly. Why me? Why do I have to be the victim of these feelings? I get clean boxers on and I open the door. The steam escapes the bathroom and a rush of cold air hits me. I look around, half naked, for Johnny. He's nowhere in sight; I head to my bed to change my drenched sheets, but I look and they seem to be changed by... and right then like on Q, Johnny walks in with a tray of RITZ crackers and a bowl of steaming chicken noodle soup. I just stare, why is he doing this?

He walks to me and I start laughing because he is wearing one of those aprons that say in big bold letters: KISS THE COOK. He smiles and says,"Yeah, Sunny, even this apron is smarter than you and it tells you that you should kiss the cook." I stop laughing; he can't be serious. He is. "I'm just kidding Sunny, you don't have to and I won't force you." Then he starts to laugh. He places the tray on the bedstand, pops out a thermometer, "So Sunny, I'm your doctor; let's check your temperature to see if it has lowered." He places it in my ear, it beeps to tell it's done checking the temperature, and Johnny takes a look. "It's going down, before it was 104. 1 and now it's 101.6. See Sunny don't you think I make a terrific mother?"

" I guess, but you better not go all doctor on me in a certain way." I glance at him, with suspision.

"Sunny, I can't believe you would say such a thing to your mother; eat your soup before it gets cold.", he chuckles and I eat my soup. When I finish, I lay down and try to go to sleep. Johnny tucks me in,

"Sleep tight, Sunny and get well, baby; the sooner the better." He bends over and kisses me on the forehead, ever so gently. I kiss him gently back on the cheek. "Aww, Sunny your mommy loves you too. Now get to sleep before your mamma demands for more kisses."

I roll my eyes at him, "Good night..., Mother." I fall asleep with, Johnny's face hovering over mine, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YOUTUBE VIDEO: Get Well by Icon For Hire

Picture: Charlie Smith as Sunny