t w e n t y - s e v e n

Start from the beginning

"I know, I just honestly feel bad" she confessed. She shrugged, "I want to make it up to you" she got off the bed. "Here I'll sleep on the floor," she said. I rolled my eyes and walked to the bed, "doing things isn't gonna make me forgive you" I said.

"It's a start," she said getting comfortable on the floor. I laid on the bed, I didn't realize how tired I was until I laid down on the bed. It felt like I was on a cloud before I knew it I was sleep.

The next day, I skipped breakfast and literally rushed Brooklyn out the house so I can get to school extra early, If Jordan thinks she can kick out her life that easy, she's delusional. I sat in front of her locker at waited for her.

Brooklyn walked next to me rolling her eyes. She let out a frustrated sigh and said, "look whatever you did to her, I don't think she's going to forgive you, and if she's as stubborn as you then forget it" she told me.

"Okay, I didn't ask for your commentary though" I spat.  She shrugged and said, "I'll see you after school." I ignored her and she started walking away.

The whole day I couldn't find Jordan, I looked for her at lunch, I went to her classes but nothing. She was nowhere to be found, it's like she jumped off the face of the earth. I decided to go to her house after school.

I know I was pushing my luck especially since she basically kicked me out of her house. I sighed deeply before knocking on the door twice. I waited a couple of minutes before knocking again. The door opened, and her mother frowned at me.

"Oliva I think it's a little too soon to come back" she explained. "I understand but you have to understand  I need to talk to her" I begged. Her mother shrugged, "I've been looking for her all day and calling her I just need to talk to her" I begged.

Jordan's mom shrugged, "Oliva, she doesn't want to talk to you and to be fair you did keep that secret behind her back" she scolded me.

"It's not like that, I was blackmailed by Scott," I confessed. Her mom sighed, "making excuses and blaming others doesn't change the fact that you betrayed my daughter."

I wanted to say something but she closed the door in my face.

Jordan

I didn't even go to school today, I don't know if I was being dramatic but if I went to school I would have to face Ally and Scott.

Not to mention Liv. I needed space from all of them. I hated them and I can't believe I was fooled by the so called people I trust. I woke up to my room and grabbed the plate of food that was left on the dresser.

The envelope that was there was missing. I opened the draws and cleared everything out the way. Ignoring every lotion or item that was on there. I took a deep breath. My mother must have taken it.

I know she said I shouldn't read it but I wanted to know what it said. I walked into the kitchen but nobody was there. I can't believe she took it without telling me who knows where she put it. It could be thrown out in some trash can somewhere.

I know my mother told me to leave it alone, but I wanted to know what that dick said. I needed to know his connection to  Amber's death. I walked into my mother's room, it was empty she must have been at work. I looked through her drawers and on her bed. I checked under her bed.

She must have taken the letter with her. I walked out of her room and entered the kitchen. I poured a bowl of roasted flakes cereal. I sat down at the table and ate. I couldn't stop thinking about the letter. My phone started ringing, I looked at the caller ID, of course, it was Liv. I ignored it and contiued eating.

My front door opened and my step father Chris entered the kitchen. "You're home early?" he said. He opened his bag, "I find this in our room I think your mom mixed up the mail" he told me handing me the envelope.

I literally hopped out of the chair and took the letter. "Oh my god" I cheered. Chris backed away from me. "It's just a letter relax" he sighed. I grabbed my jean jacket and put on my Nike flops. "Wait Jordan don't you wanna change your outfit" he frowned.

I looked at my outfit I was wearing basketball shorts, a pair of Adidas and my white Adidas t shirt.  I shrugged, "No, I'm fine I'll be right back and I'm taking the car," I told him. He frowned, "whatever," he said handing me the keys.

I took them and looked at the address on the envelope. I typed it on google maps and followed the directions.

It took me less than an hour to get there. His house wasn't as far from mine. When I pulled up in front of his house my heart began to race. I was moments from meeting the guy who might have been responsible for my sister's death.

I got out of the car and walked to the front door. I took a deep breath before I knocked on the door, I was out of breath and my heart was racing, the doorknob turned and a tall Asian man opened the door. He looked a couple of years older than me.

I was prepared to curse him out, but he was really cute and had a lot of tattoos all over his arm. The muscle shirt he was wearing really showed off his arms. He cleared his throat, and I was brought back to reality.

"Are you Micheal Chan?" I asked him.

He nodded, "yup and who are you?"  he asked me.

"Amber's sister, Jordan," I told him. His face changed and I couldn't tell if he was angry or if he looked sad. "I'm guessing you got the letter?" he asked me.