World Wide Crisis

In 2100 the world erupted into an Industrial Boom. New technology was being created and new alliances were formed. England and France had united to conquer Germany. This new country, New Mesopotamia,  takes control of the expansion in technology and is the new economic capital of the world. But, with new advances in technology come new problems. The growth of factories contributed to the illnesses. One such being a new development of influenza that spread through Europe. One by one people were dying and civilizations were collapsing. None worse off than Lithuania, who -during the economic rise- regressed to a agricultural country. The disease spread rapidly through the rural area and there were not enough medical supplies to go around. Due to the circumstances, on May 1st the government passed the Execution Act. This wiped out most of the population (most of the population was diseased). Afterwards, Lithuania - as well as some smaller countries-  was put under lock down and nightly patrols were done to find infected persons  or anyone suitable for experimentation. As the crisis continued, help from New Mesopotamia was sought and received to Lithuania. Dr. Patrick Heinz was sent there to help find a cure. On January 13th, 2200 a temporary cure was made and permits were given to those who could afford to be vaccinated. With these permits, you can be granted permission to leave the 'Dome' and enter the city. At the time, however, very few people in the Dome could afford permits.