Unforgiven~8

「Guren's P.O.V」

I haven't seen Shinya in a few days. I couldn't help but worry about him. As I walked through the walls, everything seemed ghost-like. Something inside of me seemed to be missing. Everytime I turned a corner, I expected to see his white hair and his crystal blue eyes staring back at me, but I saw nothing. Maybe I deserved to feel like this. This was my punishment.

"Mr. Ichinose?"

I shook my head and looked up from my notebook. All my classmates were staring at me weirdly.

"Are you feeling alright? You don't look so good." My teacher said with a worried tone in her voice. 

I instantly shook my head.

"I'm fine. Thanks."

The bell rung and I sighed as I packed up my things. I glanced up to look at the white board. Underneath the magnet with the letters that spelled homework, were the dates of where all the assignments were due. Most of them looked like they were due on Monday. That meant I only had Friday afternoon and the weekend to finish them all. I haven't even started. Usually I'd be done with all the assignments, but every time I sat down to do it, my mind started wandering.

"Guren! My darling, how are you doing?" 

Mahiru came to my side and clung onto my arm as I walked towards my locker. 

"Hey Mahiru."

"How are you doing? You have been acting strangely.." 

"I have? Wow I'm glad you noticed." There was a slight anger and coldness in my tone that I hadn't heard before. 

"Guren? What's wrong?" 

Mahiru stopped walking, forcing me to stop. I turned around to face her. Her expression looked confused, but mostly hurt. 

"How's Shinya doing?" I asked without thinking. Her face became cold and full of hate. Ever since the day Kureto and I vandalized his room, I had been thinking about Shinya 24/7. 

"He's fine, why do you even care?"

I suddenly felt a rush of anger run through my veins. 

"Just fine, huh? You know what Mahiru? Sometimes I can't believe you would do the things you do. I thought you loved Shinya. Shinya is your brother for fucks sake! I used to remember when you cared for him. Is that all gone now?" I heard myself yelling as several students turned to look at us. 

"I do still love him, but he tried taking you away from me." Mahiru answered in a quiet voice. she looked around at the students who had turned to watch.

"That's bullshit Mahiru. I shouldn't have vandalized Shinya's room," I took a deep breath. "I did what you wanted that day because I loved you, but now I'm not so sure anymore."

With that, I stormed off, leaving her with a face full of surprise and sadness. She deserved to feel sad. I stomped over to my locker and packed my things. As I did so, I felt a familiar presence behind me. I turned around.

"Kureto? What the hell do you want now?" 

I glared at him and watched as his lighter fell on the ground while his cigarette dangled from his mouth. He snickered, holding his hands up like I was a cop and he was the victim. 

"Geez. What's up with you? Had a little fight with Mahiru?" He laughed.

"Fuck off. I'm leaving." I turned back to my locker and picked up my backpack.