Alpha's Babies - 15

Start from the beginning

We stayed in a thick, almost awkward silence, before I offered to bring Corbin to the big bed. I was relieved when Colten got up to do it because I was still recovering from these past few days.
I watched as Colten walked cautiously over and around the littered room before he placed Corbin ever so gently on the soft bed and then tucked him in right up to under his chin. Colten's lips were close to Corbin's cheek and he hesitated for a moment as though he was going to plant a kiss but he thought better of it and straightened up, blinking quickly.

I'd gotten so used to seeing him as being this big mean Alpha but I guess he was quite soft on the inside.
He glanced at Corbin once more and pushed his hands into his pockets as if he didn't trust himself to pick him back up again. He saw me staring at him and he moved away from the bed quickly.

I smiled to myself.
"Are you gonna clean this room up?" I asked.
He rolled his eyes "Nope, I have maids for that."
"I didn't see anyone downstairs,"
"They're all really upset...about Caden. Especially the guards, they weren't at their post when they should have been." his voice turned to steel when he said that last part. I've noticed how bipolar he actually was. I changed the subject quickly.

"Do you know where Kale is?"
He looked at me blankly "Who?" He asked as though I'd asked him if he knew a random wizard from some hidden country in Africa.
"My brother?"
"Oh right, yeah. What about him?"
I almost gave up on him right there. He clearly didn't wanna answer me.
"Do you know where he is?"
"Yeah."
I waited but he didn't pursue it any further. He didn't look angry or upset, he didn't look anything. He just didn't want to tell me.

"Can you take me to him?"
"I could...but no."
"Why?"
"Because he's dangerous that's why." he said folding his arms across his chest. I was appalled, how could he stop me from seeing my brother? His own potential brother in law?
"He's dangerous and you won't get to see him until he's calmed down." he said firmly.
"You can't give me a hint as to where he is?"

Colten shook his head "No. There is no way I'm letting you go near him and there's no way I'm even going to hint at his whereabouts."
I was ready to protest (quite loudly too) but the door opened and Nick stepped in, not seeing me.
"Alpha, Kale's gone crazy downstairs again,"
I gasped and Colten groaned loudly at Nick, throwing his hands in frustration.
Nick pulled a face "Whoops." and sidled out of the room.

**
"I can not believe you had my brother here all this time and I didn't know!" I rambled for what must have been the twentieth time since we'd left the room. We were walking down to what seemed like a basement and even though I hated my brother for the pain he'd put me through recently, he was still blood.
I was obviously giving Colten an earache because he had that face on that males have when they're acting like they're listening to you but really they're not.

That didn't stop me from rambling in all the way down the concrete stairs. We had two guards in front and two at the back and I'm pretty sure they were sick of hearing my voice too.

But as we got nearer to the bottom, there was the sound of a lot of anguished voices. Some were shouts, others were growls and snarls. I shut up pretty quick when the noise got too loud. I looked up at Colten but he was looking straight ahead.
"When we get through that door, don't say anything, don't listen to them and do not look back, okay?"
I nodded quietly, suddenly scared stiff. I found my had slip into Colten's and I was genuinely surprised that he only raised his eyebrow and didn't pull away. Progress I guess.

The guards infront of us unlocked the thick metal door, hesitated and then pushed it open. The noise became deafening. And I figured out why.
There was a wide corridor and on either side were what must have been around twenty five cell rooms on each side of the hall way. Even though my nose was still partially human, I could smell the bars of the cells were made out of pure silver and I saw why.