Alpha's Babies - 1

"Raiven Savannah Wescott, look at you!" my brother's best friend, Luke wolf whistled. Kale smacked his arm. "Shut up,"
"Sorry but your sister dived into the right end of the gene pool, bro." He laughed, giving me a funny wink. I flipped my curled hair and walked right to the bottom of the stairs, clattering noisily in my heels.
Zach came out of the kitchen holding a drink. "Hey, get your own girl, dude." he said.

He smiled when he saw me, drained his glass and slipped his hand around my waist, nuzzling into my curly hair. "Ready to party, birthday babe?" he whispered.
I giggled and stroked his cheek and then his hair. "Definitely." I replied.
Kale groaned loudly, shielding his eyes. "Lets just go."

I laughed again and held onto Zach's hand then we all went to Luke's car. Zach and I sat comfortably in the back seat while the boys sat up front.

Zach put his arm around my shoulders and kissed my cheek. "Tonight's gonna be so fun." he whispered, his grey eyes sparkling. I nodded happily "Damn right."
"Ey, yo, Zach. Is your sister gonna be at the party?" Luke asked.
"Yeah why?"
"Cos she's hot." Luke replied. Kale smacked him again. "Nobody's sister
Is safe with you,"

Luke shrugged as he pulled up to his own house where he'd agreed to have my party because my house was tiny. It was like the whole school had turned up. The music was thumping and lights were on everywhere and everyone was mainly in the front yard. I pushed my head through the sunroof and threw the peace sign up on both hands.

"Lets get this party started!" I yelled. There was a roar of agreeing yells sent back my way.
I laughed and then stepped out of the car, grabbing Zach with me. We pushed through the noisy crowd as drunken yells were sent my way. Zach held on tight to my waist so that no one could touch me. I smiled then.
Zach was so sure that we were mates but I knew that if we were then the feelings would have kicked in a long time ago.
I didn't want to ruin his dreams though.

I wove in between the crowd inside the house but lost Zach in a matter of seconds. I shrugged and then made my way to my girls. Zoe, Zach's sister, Callie, my best friend since the cradle and April who just moved in town.

"Ray!"Callie squealed, she took me in her arms and squeezed tight. "Oh baby! Happy birthday!"
Zoe hugged me tight too and so did April.
I looked at Callie. "Sorry about your breakup with Liam, babe." I said sincerely.
Callie shrugged "It was for the best."
"So, caught anyone else's eye yet?" I asked, linking arms with her.

Zoe flashed a weird look at her and then me but then looked down again.
"No not really," Callie said distractedly.
I gasped "Liar! Who is it?"
"Never mind me. Today is your day, it's all about you now!"
She grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the centre where everyone was wilding out and dancing like crazy people.

I was never one to dance but I thought forget it, I'm only 18 once.
Zach found me again and danced with me the whole time. I looked up at his grey eyes and part of me wished that he was my mate. I mean, he was so boyishly handsome.
He flashed a smile at me "Having fun?"
I laughed "Tons of it!"
Callie smiled at us "You guys are so cute together," she said. I smiled back pityingly at her, knowing her heartbreak.

She shook her head "I'm gonna go use the bathroom," then she disappeared upstairs.
Zach pushed his hair back, "You want a drink? I am parched."
"Yeah, nothing alcoholic though," I called after him as he went to get the drinks.
Zoe spun me around "Oh my gosh! There's this new senior from the pack next door to ours and his dad got killed right," she gushed "And he's the new alpha and he is so hot! You need to see him!" she said fanning her face with her hand.

I rolled my eyes "I am taken by your brother you know,"
Zoe pretended to gag "Yeah but this alpha is so hot he'll make you stop, drop and roll," she said rolling her own hips.
I laughed and pushed her. "You're so gross."
"I'm serious though! He's so beautiful. His name is Colten Ried, I think."
I put my hands in my hips "I don't care how hot he is. Your brother is the only one for me,"

Zoe pulled a face "Until you find a mate," she reminded me.
I shook my head, not wanting to think about it.
The music changed to some hip hop and everyone started going crazy to the beat.
I danced for a bit but it wasn't the same without Zach. Without him, one too many boys have tried chatting me up.
"I'm gonna go see what's taking him so long," I said to Zoe above the music.

I went to were the drinks were but he wasn't there. I tapped one of Zach's football buddies, Matt.
"Hey, you seen Zach?"
Matt simply pointed upstairs and went back to chatting up a girl.
I rolled my eyes and then made my way upstairs.

I'd been coming to this house since literally the day I was born but it seemed to lose its magic seeing this place crawling with high school kids.
I got to one of the bathrooms and knocked softly.
"Zach?"
There was an annoyed grunt from the other side.
I frowned "Zach?" I said again.
"This isn't Zach, go away!" a girl yelled

I held back a giggle and then made my way up to the second floor. As the music from downstairs got quieter, I grew more suspicious. Why would Zach be here?
Suddenly, I heard a giggle from one of the guest bedrooms.
Callie.
It didn't take anyone with half a brain to realise what was happening.
I stopped and tuned into the bedroom.

"...So good. Raiven never let me touch her," Zach said.
"I know, she's too uptight. I don't know what you ever saw in her, to be honest," Callie said.
"Same here. Well, whatever. She was just a distraction, baby."
"But you still have to end it with her. I did with Liam, just for you."
Zach sighed and I heard some kissing noise. "It's not that easy, baby,"
"Urgh, I know, just hurry it up, it kills me when she's with you,"
"It kills me too,"
"Come, let's forget about her,"

I clapped my hand over my mouth and slid down the wall, tears flowing silently. I shook as I sobbed. I didn't know how to feel, what to do.
I felt disgusted with both of them. I wanted to burst in and knock their heads together or I could have sweet sly revenge.

"What are you doing?"
The sudden voice made me jump. I looked to see a super masculine figure there in the dark.
"What's it to you?" I snapped, wiping my cheeks.
He walked towards me and crouched down to my level. This guy smelt so damn good. My hands wanted to reach out and wrap around his neck so bad. I could only see the handsome outline of his face and huge shoulders.

Another giggle erupted from the room.
I saw the guy's eyebrow raise up "Boyfriend and best friend?" he asked.
I sniffed and nodded.
His hand sudden reached out and stroked my cheek gently.
It felt so...right.
"Sorry." was all he said.
I fell in love with him right there. I didn't know his name, I didn't even know what he looked like but I knew that I loved him.

He gently pushed me down on the hallway floor and then kissed me.
When Zach did it, it was so normal. When this guy did it, it felt so extraordinary, like we were trapped in our own little world.
He pulled away gently and tucked my hair behind my ears. I got the most goosebumps I've ever had all in one go.

All of a sudden the bedroom door opened, brutally shattering our little world.
"Raiven? What are doing?" I heard Zach say. I looked up at him, he was furious. Urgh, the nerve.
The guy i was with stood up and before anyone knew what was happening, he'd drawn his fist back and then punched Zach square in the face.
Zach staggered back into the room and fell on his butt, holding his face. From somewhere I heard Callie scream.

"Don't cheat and then get mad when someone does it to you. Especially on beautiful girls." my knight in shinning armour said. I almost fainted at that.
The guy took me by the hand and led me down to the next bedroom without a second glance.
He opened the door to Luke's bedroom.
I hesitated. "That's Luke's,"
"Who?"
"Nevermind."

I still couldn't see his face and he left the lights off and I didn't want to be awkward and turn them on.
He took me to the unmade bed and laid me down.

"Now, where were we?" he said, his deep voice sending chills down my back again.