All of it fitted perfectly with my sparkling mermaid gold dress. The sheer fabric at the top showed a little skin, but nevertheless made the dress look flawless especially with the minimal amount of floral arrangements set. The floral patterns mostly drenched the middle waist and the very end of the dress in which its bottom part was seemingly similar to the top with little floral printed designs here and there.

The only word that came into my mind was stunning. I looked stunning.

"Wow." I was speechless. 

"I know right!" Leila stood next to me and turned sideways to observe her dress.

"Aya, this dress doesn't show my curves. I should've picked the aqua one." She wailed. I rolled my eyes watching her catching the sides of her dress and pulling them forward in attempt to make her butt stick out.

Leila has a thing for curves. She always tries to pick things that show her physique.

"Stop nagging, your dress is beautiful." I snapped. Her chiffon sweep train sequin baby pink dress had an A-line silhouette, decorated in a set of little golden leaves.  

"Okay okay, it's not like I could change it or something." She mumbled sitting on my bed.

Someone knocked on the door before opening it. In came Keren dressed in a floor length dark blue sleeveless gown.

"Aya, mom said we have to be ready in ten. All the guests arrived and are waiting for us." She stated looking in a hurry. Leila quickly got up, darting towards the door.

"See you love." She flashed me a grin and winked before she getting out. Keren threw me a questioning glance, noting Leila's weird nickname. I shook my head, a smile making its way to my face.

I knew who she meant.

"What's up with her?" My little sister furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Never mind her. You know how Leila could be." I brushed off. Keren nodded walking out of my room, and I followed.

***

Classical music played through the ballroom, calm and relaxing. I could mainly distinguish the violin's melodic tunes through the numerous instruments of the orchestra.

The men were wearing black suits, enjoying their time sipping champagne. Whereas the women, all dressed in gowns, were criticizing every female their eyes got set upon. I hated balls for that exact reason. Whatever you do, whatever you wear, the women will always point out a flaw.

Glancing at Axel, I was surprised to see him totally comfortable, staring at the scenery in front of him like it was the most normal thing in the world. I really admired how he could cope with any situation thrown at him.

I wish I were the same, I said to myself.

The music was cut to an end and the talking dwindled to pure silence.

"Ladies and gentlemen, their majesty, king Eros and queen Violet." A man standing at the very top of the staircase bellowed. He was in his late forties, bold, and dressed in a suit.

I watched as my parents slowly walked down the staircase, their heads held high and their arms linked together. Mom pulled her silk red dress up a notch so she doesn't trip. The crowed bowed moving aside as their rulers walked forward.

"Axel," I whispered nudging him by the elbow, "lead Keren when you go down. We don't want her to fall." He nodded and linked his arm with Keren's. I could sense her nervousness, especially with her fiddling with her fingers. She smiled gratefully and I smiled back at her reassuringly.