Chapter 1: John Lynjames

All people have other beings linked to them

 Weeks after meeting him, we came to like John. He usually hangs out with us when we are having group lunch. While we're eating, he usually tells us stories about supernatural things he "has been through" or so he says. We usually are amused and intrigued by his stories because they seem like it really happened - a story with the storyteller being the hero. He also told us that he transferred merely because he was interested about the secrets of the place - the secrets of Celestial City.

 "That's ridiculous! Ghosts don't exist. Demons may exist but I don't care. Tales remain as tales." Tom jokingly said.

 "Tom!" Zach said with an intensity in his voice. "Show some respect!" he added with a voice I don't recognize.

            I remember Zach claiming that he could see ghosts when we were still young. Hmmm. Based on his reaction just now, I think . . . Oh God....... I think he really could see them. I thought . . . . . .I thought he was just joking.

I snapped back to reality when the bell rang. Oh well, its time for class.

I didn't met with the gang after class. I meant to find John and talk to him. About what? I still don't know what exactly to say.

I strode around the campus, hoping that I could at least run into him. After about 15 minutes of walking aimlessly, I gave up. I sat on the bench located on the rear building's backyard. I know that no one comes here after school because some says creepy things happen here. I close my eyes and felt the wind stroke my skin. After a few moments, I heard voices coming from the trees in front of me. I decided to sneak up. Better than doing nothing, I thought.

**********

It was a cold breezed night, shadows of establishments strike through the graves of the city's cemetery. Riza, who often visits the graves of her passed away parents, laid down crimson red roses. She recited some verses of the passion and gave her message. She raised her head, looked at the sky and closed her eyes. Hearing footsteps, she quickly opened her eyes. To her surprise, a bloody red moon was visualized in the sky. Within a split second, she was on her feet, ready to run. But out of curiosity, she tried to trace the source of the footsteps. She hid behind a tree to observe.

Bag! Bag! Bag!

Sounds of footsteps get stronger and stronger. The 16 year old lady trembled when it stopped. Out of nowhere, a hand of darkness appeared grabbing Riza's hand.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

"Shh!!!" whispered the man from behind. He released the lady's hand and whispered, "Look". Riza carefully turned to the direction the man was pointing at. Her eyes enlarged with what she witnessed. A large, ugly, reptile-skinned monster appeared before her eyes.

"That is an enraged spirit", whispered the man.

The monster saw the two persons hiding behind the tree. Accompanied by a growl, the creature moved towards where they were hiding. Terrified, Riza attempted to run but the man behind him jumped 6 foot high and plunged a silver blade unto the monster's belly. It was too dark for her to recognize the hero. The fall of the monster caused the ground to shake. The moon's red light stroke the hero's body standing over his prey but his face was still hidden by shadows. His robe swayed with the wind's gentle touch. Riza stood astounded and frozen. She ran out of words. "Don't come here during the blood moon," the man who came from nowhere declared and disappeared with the darkness.