Chapter 6: Titan

I stared at my hands and suddenly, a dark fire emerged from my palm.

John's Point of View

The first place that I could think of is at the market. I am quite sure that there are many people there since it is noon. Well, its noon, except that the darkness gave the feels of the night's hour. I moved as fast as I could, killing demons and ghosts on my way.

So far, these demons and ghosts are just minions – weak and easy to kill. By the time I reached the market, my grip on my sword was hard. My right arm was covered with black blood that came from demons I slashed.

The market was in ruins. But there are few corpses at the ground. Still, the thought that people died because of this attack, sent shudder down my spine.

A small child laid still near where I stand. His body was tilted in an awkward twist. He was facing the sky, eyes blank and stll, yet his feet faced the ground.

I closed my eyes for a second. Then I moved towards the inner section of the market.

When I reached the center, I sensed that something is wrong. There are no people here, no ghosts, no demons. Then I noticed a familiar aura lurking around.

Van.

He's here. That could mean he saved people here.

I turned to get out of here but he called me.

"Young one." he said. He came out of a supermart on my left. "Where is Riza?" he asked.

"School." I replied plainly.

"Great. The higher level demons are oon the park and at the resident compound on the east. Its like they're searching for something." he informed.

"I'll go there then. See if I could take on some of them." I said.

"No my boy." he stopped me. "Let's assemble our crew first."

I raised an eyebrow. Are there other supernaturals in this city that I'm not aware of – besides professor Sigrid?

He turned and took off with lightning speed. Regardless of my thoughts earlier, I followed him. It took me a few seconds to figure out where we are heading.

He's heading towards the school . . .Towards Thauden University.

Van grinned when Cindy came into our field of vision. She was battling viciously – and . . . sexily?

"Tell her to come with us." Van told me.

I complied. But before we moved to where Van was heading we took down enemies as much a we could, and moving students towards the gym.

Van lead us to our classroom before the attack began. Mearbel was curled on the side, embracing her knees. Tom was pacin back and forth. Riza merely sat on a chair, staring blankly at a wall.

They snapped into attention when we came in. Tom's eyes widened with the sight of Van. Riza just stared, an expression that I cannot interpret was drawn in her face. Mearbel just looked at us, oblivious who Van is.

"I thought there were six of you?" Van asked, scanning the room. It was obvious that he's trying no to look at Riza though.

"Oh my God." Cindy exclaimed. "Where's Zach?!"

Tom immediately stared at the ground. Riza fiddled with the hem of her skirt – her usual reactiong when nervous.

It was Mearbel who spoke to us.