Penelope was my best friend, to think something like this were to happen to her killed me. I was angry at myself for not being there quicker and angry at them for harming her.

"We have to go." I said as I stood to my feet. She wrapped her arms tightly around my neck. I began running through the forest. I pushed myself to run faster as the harsh air chipped against my face. I sighed in relief as the pack's hospital came into view. Two of the wolves stood outside guarding the building. They had direct instructions from my father to guard it with their lives, and I knew they would.

"Rex get her to Jason now." Penelope rose her head slightly. "Owen I'm okay." She said weakly. "No you are not!" I turned my attention back towards Rex. "Do it now!"

"Okay." He said as I handed Penelope to him.

"Owen your mother wants you in the cellar with the women and children." Reed commented.

I ignored his words and took off into the forest. I knew what my mother wanted me to do, but I had to help those in need. I had a duty to protect and I couldn't just hide away in the cellar like a coward.

I slowed my pace as I neared the clearing. I could sense their presence as I approached. My eyes went wide as I took in the scene in front of me. My father struggled to get free in the arms of two of their warriors. While the beta held my mother hostage with a long knife to her neck. My mother sobbed uncontrollably as her life was in the hands of this monster.

I had to be smart about this, I couldn't just charge at him or he'd instantly kill her. So I crept behind the bushes, making my way behind him. I saw red. Everything my father and him were saying was blurred out as I had my eye on my target. I don't know what was said, but whatever it was caused my dad to escape the two warriors and snap both of their necks.

"You just made a big mistake." Was the last thing I heard before he dug the knife into my mom's lower back. "No!!" I yelled as he removed the knife and my mother collapsed to the ground. My father and I charged for the Beta, but I was the first to reach him.

I kicked the back of his knees causing his legs to give out. I took that opportunity to grab my knife and stab him in his neck. I was so filled with rage that I repeatedly stabbed him until my father pulled me away. "He's dead son." My father said weakly as he sank down next to my mother.

Dropping the knife I joined my father. My mother was in excruciating pain as she pushed to keep her eyes open. "Stay with me Jill." Just as he tried to lift her up, a male's sorrowful howl was heard off in the distance. "Fúcking coward!" My father muttered angrily. Two of the pack warriors and our pack doctor showed up to help take my mother. Her eyes were closed, which terrified me. "I-Is she okay?"

"She still has a pulse. She fainted from the shock. We gotta get her into surgery now." My father growled as the two warriors went to grab her. "Don't touch her!" They nodded then stepped away. He lifted her up then stared at the two warriors. "Make sure they are off our land. Anyone found lingering around...kill them." I nodded in agreement before the two warriors shifted into their wolves then ran into the forest.

We rushed my mother into the hospital. One of the nurses brought out a gurney. My father carefully placed my mother on it as they took her away. "Jason placed his hand on my father's chest to hold him back. "I'll take care of her alpha." My father balled his hands into fist. "Do whatever you have to do to save her. Do you understand." He nodded, "Yes sir." He ran to cater to my mom as my dad and I just stood there in shock.

Shock quickly turned to anger as my sister and her mate ran through the door. "W-what's going on? Where's Momma?" She asked. My dad walked towards the nearest seat and sank down as he stared off into the distance.

"Where the héll were you Brinn!" Her eyes went wide as she took a step back. "While you were off looking for your mate, our mom was getting stabbed!" I spat, venom laced in my voice. Her bottom lip began to quiver as tears ran down her face. Titus stood in front of her protectively. "Back off Owen."

I rolled my eyes then walked around them. "Fúcking useless." I muttered as I pushed the front doors open. I shoved my hands into my pockets as I walked towards the pack house.

The pack house was a ghost town when I entered. Only a few lingered around, and they were just as lost as I was. Once I made it to my room I closed my door then sank down to the ground. I had caught my appearance in the full length mirror straight ahead. I looked horrible. I dried blood mixed with dirt splattered on my face, hands, and clothes. My hair was knotted and stained with dirt and blood as well.

I balled my hands into fist as the memories of tonight filled my head. I had made it my personal mission. They were going to pay. Each and every last member of the SilverCrest pack was going to pay for their actions tonight. I wouldn't rest until they did.

***