One

I sigh as I look at the house before me. It was huge.
It had taken three years to build up the courage to come here.
Three years since then man who called himself my father had died.
Good radiance fuck wit.
Aneika Greyson should live her. She was now married and had kids but she is my cousin and my only hope right now.
I walk up to the door nervously and knock.
I was five foot one, brunette, wavy, thick hair that was actually out today. I wore an over grown Batman hoodie and a pair of black skinny leg jeans and some black worn out sneakers.
I was average build for my height and age, probably a little too thin right now but I knew I'd get better with time.
I was about to just leave when a woman came to the door in scrubs.
This is definately Aneika. She was a nurse. I had done my research.
'Can i help you?' She smiles 'Are you a friend of Neikyler?'
'Oh um' I look around, looking for an exit strategy 'No, im actually your cousin, second cousin I think' I tell her.
She blinks.
'My mother doesnt have siblings and I know my dads sister only has a son who hasnt had kids' She didnt believe me.
'Your dad had a brother though, Cody, he had my dad who is your cousin' I say
She frowns at me. 'Oh, I didnt meet them, barely even heard about Uncle Cody'
'I know' I nod 'I never knew about any of you at all, I'm really sorry to disturb you, I'll just leave'
'Wait' I turn back to her 'Why did you come here?'
'I wanted to know the only family I have'
Aneika nods 'Whats your name?'
'Skylar'
'You dont have anywhere to go do you?' she asks me. I dont respond. 'Come in' I blink and follow her into the house.
'Thank you'
'Please forgive me but I'm going to call my parents, I need to make sure you check out'
'Go ahead' I assure her.
She makes a call but I block her out as I get sucked into deep thought. What if they didnt believe me? Aneika is really nice, I doubt she would throw me out.
What if they hate me? They didnt know about my dad and I was sure there was a reason.
'Skylar' i blink and look at her smiling. 'Last anyone heard from your grandfather was when he had a jealous fit over my mother and my father beat him up, he just disappeared, no one knew about your father or you for that matter but i am willing to give you the benifit of the doubt here and help you out'
'Thank you' I say. 'I dont want to intrude on your lives and if you want me to go, tell me'
'Dont be an idiot' Aneika scoffs 'Youre family and that means something here'

Aneika ends up taking me to the club house where i was met with my sixty five year old Uncle. I was nervous about the whole biker club thing. It usually meant violence. Guns, blood, fists flying.
Aneikas brothers were also there. Brodi and Cale are twins and Rory is also a twin with Robyn who was in College. Daisy was also a sibling and she was at home with her daughter.
There was also a lot of members of this club.
We go into the meeting room and take a seat. Cale was now presdent since Sam was getting old and all.
'So you're my great niece' Uncle Sam eyes me up. He nods 'I believe you, you have the Greyson eyes'
'I didnt know my grandfather well, he died ten years ago but my father was an asshole, i was hoping you guys were different' i say. 'Im not after anything, i just want to get to know you all'
Cale nods his head 'Welcome to the family, you are welcome to stay here if you wish if not, we can organise another place'
'Im not a fan of strangers' i say.
Rorys hand goes up 'I have room, if you dont mind my room mate'
'Thank you' i tell Rory with a nod. 'Once i get a job i can get my own place'
'Dad, dont you still have the beach house?' Brodi asks
'Yes' Uncle sam nods 'If youd rather your own place, you can stay at the beach house'
My eyes light up and it gets a chuckle from them all.
'Thank you all' i was greatful for them and their generousity.
'Its fully furnished, ill give you some cash and you can grab some food, Aneika can take you'
'Im already late for work' Aneika says.
'Ill do it' Rory offers.
'Ill have Aneika and Daisy over to cook tomorrow and we will have a family dinner'

'So whats your story?' Rory asks on the way to the grocery store.
I shrug 'Dad was an abusive alcohlic and I'm glad hes dead'
'Dark' he nods. I can see he didnt know what else to say.
'My mother left me with him when i was three to go to rehab and no one has heard from her since. Dad took up drinking but he was a good dad i guess until grandpa died and he lost it. He drank constantly, lost his job, we were fucked and he started taking his anger out on me' i explain.
'Shit' Rory breathes. 'Rough'
'Yeah' I sigh
'How did he die?'
'Murdered' i say 'Guys doing fifteen years for man slaughter'
'Shit, what the fuck have you seen in your life?' I felt i could talk to Rory, something about him made me want to trust him.
'Too much' i reply as we pull into the car park. 'It was his life or mine that night, the guy saved mine and now hes locked away for it'
The subject is dropped as we go around the store filling the cart up.
Rory takes me to the beach house and hands me the keys. 'I grew up in this house so look after it' Rory smirks after he helps me unload the groceries.
'Thank you Rory' i meant it 'You guys didnt have to do this for me, you could have turned me away but you didnt'
'Because family is important to all of us, you have the same blood as us and i know that no matter which of us had met you first, the outcome would have been the same'
'You're all so kind' i wanted to cry.
'We can all see you need the help, we see you're fucked up and it makes it easier for our decision-making'
I nod and soon enough Rory is leaving me alone in the beautiful house.
Alone with my thoughts was never good but i was learning to tame them, to block out the nasty but some days i struggle.
My anxiety was peeking through, i knew this family was mine and they welcomed me and all but i was still stuck with the what ifs.
What if they were fucking with me? What if they just felt sorry for me and i was just a charity case? What if they turn one me?
Realistically, i knew they wouldnt and they were nice people but sometimes my mind didnt understand that.